Objects shine like supernova with no light present

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I will check all those options and overall PPV to see if I can maybe improve on what I have!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You're welcome. The issue sounded really obscure in terms of searching for a solution to it. I didn't know if it was the post process volume and Exposure, but it sounded as though it could be. The post process volume is an easily overlooked thing in the scene when problems are encountered, so I try to check it if I encounter issues. Did you know the Vignette still affects the scene even if it's disabled in the PPV? It's set to 0.4 default, so enabling it and changing it to 0 removes the vignette darkening of the edges of the view, and to me appears to lighten the scene a bit so I know it's not influenced by the vignette (which simulates the old film effect of a slightly darkened border or darkened camera view seen in films of the 20's and 30's and later). Most of the other settings in the PPV don't affect things when disabled, but that one is a part of the Tonemapper, I think though not sure. It's not a bad idea to check if disabled settings are having an effect by enabling and changing the values, then disabling again to see how the scene is different. It's also a way to see what the settings do in different areas of the scene or to certain actors / objects.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by presto423 View Post
    What are the post process volume settings that are enabled? Is there a skylight, and what are its settings?
    Well I do thank you greatly, I was so stuck with LightmassImportanceVolume and light options that I completely missed Post Process Volume (and somehow, none of the things I've googled have told me that and how to change it there).

In any case I also feel dumb now - after a bit of testing I found out that it was Exposure and I just had to swap it to Manual and find the perfect Exposure Compensation for my scene and now everything is working pretty fine.

Thanks again!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    What are the post process volume settings that are enabled? Is there a skylight, and what are its settings?

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Objects shine like supernova with no light present

Objects shine like supernova with no light present

Hello, I've posted this in rendering already, but this might be a better place for it.

I'm quite new to Unreal and this is my first *real* project in it. I've been testing some stuff previously etc but never actually done the texturing etc in it.

I'm working in Archviz (blank template) and when I disable sun/put intensity on 0, the objects (all objects, not just the stuff I imported) starts to randomly shine until the entire screen is white from them, then when I put sun back to default value the shine goes down and it's all normal. Same happens if I have some lights already set up on the scene and if I don't have any lights. I tried removing the sky/sun as well along with all other light sources and the same happens.

I've already tried a bunch of things that I found out by googling "Objects shine with no light source", "Objects on scene start to glow when light is off" etc, nothing really helped.

I don't know if this is of any relevance but the materials were made in Substance and Exported for Unreal 4. Unreal version that I'm using is the current newest. No custom plugins.

Is there a way to properly get rid of this?

Picture 1: Scene stays dark for a few seconds after putting sun intensity to 0.
    Picture 2: But a few seconds later it starts glowing like insane.

Thanks!

Working...
X