Real-time BIM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Real-time BIM

Is possible in Unreal like it is in Unity to connect design and construction? Bring multiple BIM models with all their metadata to real-time 3D and maintain a live link between them? Can you create your own real-time BIM applications and customize the user experience by building on top of the engine like in Unity Reflect?

https://unity.com/products/unity-reflect

I would also like to know where to learn study that matter for Unreal , I have to work on this and I would like to get an expertize.
    Thankyou for any hint .

nope, not possible

Comment

Check out https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/twinmotion ?
      www.s-dot.de/viz
      ArchViz User Interface :: UE4 Marketplace.

Comment

Originally posted by S-Dot View Post
        Have you tried it ? I amnot sure it allows a live link? and an external input to change inengine things live?

what are the differences with Unity reflect?

Comment

Ok after further research looks like pixel streaming might be a good option what do you think?
          Also what is the difference between pixel streaming and Simple Data Integration in UE4 by Helios ?
          Looks like they do the same thing but the pixel streaming is the official version of it ?

Comment

Originally posted by Naiiima View Post

Have you tried it ? I amnot sure it allows a live link? and an external input to change inengine things live?

what are the differences with Unity reflect?
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo0L...ature=youtu.be

Is that video what you want?

Pixel Streaming is not a link in that sense. It allows to run an Unreal project on a remote server and then stream the visuals to a web page while you can control the player on the remote server. It lets unreal run on a machine or a platform that would not be able to render the scene in real time.
            www.s-dot.de/viz
            ArchViz User Interface :: UE4 Marketplace.

Comment

You're going a bit past the capacities of Unreal Engine. I haven't seen a plugin or a built-in feature for that. Why do you need / want to do it? It sounds useful, but it really is far-fetched to get working in Unreal.

Comment

To brutally put it I need data streamed to Unreal in real time from a monitoring external device.
                I could consider a middleware that process the received data before hand and then send to unreal , but what I want is like a sort of ever on Unreal app that receives monitored data and when a change is revealed it's streamed to Unreal .
                For example an lidar registration of area , then send input point cloud update directly to unreal app.
                Bim Input from monotoring sensors changes.
                Or a monitoring camera receive the changes in the area and communicate to Unreal app to represent that change, eventually beforhand interpreted by a middle pass with another program that process the data with image processing algorythms.

Comment

You'll need to write some blueprints for that functionality, but more than that, researching the input / update interface that's correct for the purposes. It sounds rather complex.

Comment

There is no one that has alredy done anything like that?

Comment

Working...
                    X