Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Real-time BIM

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Real-time BIM

    Is possible in Unreal like it is in Unity to connect design and construction? Bring multiple BIM models with all their metadata to real-time 3D and maintain a live link between them? Can you create your own real-time BIM applications and customize the user experience by building on top of the engine like in Unity Reflect?

    https://unity.com/products/unity-reflect

    I would also like to know where to learn study that matter for Unreal , I have to work on this and I would like to get an expertize.
    Thankyou for any hint .

    #2
    nope, not possible

    Comment


      #3
      Check out https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/twinmotion ?
      www.s-dot.de/viz
      ArchViz User Interface :: UE4 Marketplace.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by S-Dot View Post
        Have you tried it ? I amnot sure it allows a live link? and an external input to change inengine things live?

        what are the differences with Unity reflect?

        Comment


          #5
          Ok after further research looks like pixel streaming might be a good option what do you think?
          Also what is the difference between pixel streaming and Simple Data Integration in UE4 by Helios ?
          Looks like they do the same thing but the pixel streaming is the official version of it ?

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Naiiima View Post

            Have you tried it ? I amnot sure it allows a live link? and an external input to change inengine things live?

            what are the differences with Unity reflect?
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo0L...ature=youtu.be

            Is that video what you want?

            Pixel Streaming is not a link in that sense. It allows to run an Unreal project on a remote server and then stream the visuals to a web page while you can control the player on the remote server. It lets unreal run on a machine or a platform that would not be able to render the scene in real time.
            www.s-dot.de/viz
            ArchViz User Interface :: UE4 Marketplace.

            Comment


              #7
              You're going a bit past the capacities of Unreal Engine. I haven't seen a plugin or a built-in feature for that. Why do you need / want to do it? It sounds useful, but it really is far-fetched to get working in Unreal.

              Comment


                #8
                To brutally put it I need data streamed to Unreal in real time from a monitoring external device.
                I could consider a middleware that process the received data before hand and then send to unreal , but what I want is like a sort of ever on Unreal app that receives monitored data and when a change is revealed it's streamed to Unreal .
                For example an lidar registration of area , then send input point cloud update directly to unreal app.
                Bim Input from monotoring sensors changes.
                Or a monitoring camera receive the changes in the area and communicate to Unreal app to represent that change, eventually beforhand interpreted by a middle pass with another program that process the data with image processing algorythms.

                Comment


                  #9
                  You'll need to write some blueprints for that functionality, but more than that, researching the input / update interface that's correct for the purposes. It sounds rather complex.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    There is no one that has alredy done anything like that?

                    Comment


                      #11
                      We've done something similar for a telecoms application (see https://www.ambiflo.com/) so it's possible, but definitely non-tirival. I would recommend doing as much as processing as possible external to UE4 and only import the 'finished' data.

                      For example, we read the orientation of multiple telecoms antenna and create a representation of the radiation safety zones for specific sites (video here: http://www.dhp11.com/site18/news/N00...CNIRP_V005.mp4). We calculate the radio propagation off-line from UE4 and only upload a new safety zone when something has changed.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Don't know if it's useful, but here's videos of a live link between Rhino and Unreal:

                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZqwoocQ2xc

                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RIM...Gnwhm6C-r9eQ8W

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Derek Hunter View Post
                          We've done something similar for a telecoms application (see https://www.ambiflo.com/) so it's possible, but definitely non-tirival. I would recommend doing as much as processing as possible external to UE4 and only import the 'finished' data.

                          For example, we read the orientation of multiple telecoms antenna and create a representation of the radiation safety zones for specific sites (video here: http://www.dhp11.com/site18/news/N00...CNIRP_V005.mp4). We calculate the radio propagation off-line from UE4 and only upload a new safety zone when something has changed.
                          Thankyou , my issue at the moment is how to make communicate Unreal and the external program automatically ? a Web listener? pixel streaming? or manually upload data?

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Naiiima View Post

                            Thankyou , my issue at the moment is how to make communicate Unreal and the external program automatically ? a Web listener? pixel streaming? or manually upload data?
                            We use the Marketplace plugin Unreal Web Server and send data to Unreal via curl.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X