Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reflection Captures

hi
    anyone can share tips how to manage the reflection setting on interior scene without activated the global clip plane and using planar reflection capture? so its get no distortion on the reflection with only sphere captures
    i hv a many flat surfaces such like wide glass windows, huge table and cupboard, shiny floor and many others

I know this sounds like forcing a good result from something simple, but if there is a way to handle it I would be very grateful if someone told me

Yes! Turn on ray-traced reflections.

Comment

thanks mate, but this feature called "ray trace", only works with RTX or GTX card? and 4.25 engine version?

Comment

No, it can work with cards that aren't RTX or GTX. I've gotten some nice ray-tracing results with an Intel Core 5500U @ 2.4 GHz and 6 GB RAM (integrated graphics card, but has DirectX12 support). It's a misnomer that it exclusively works on the latest generation GTX, and RTX NVidia cards. It works in CryEngine on a number of AMD video cards, and at higher than 30 FPS with all the different RT features, including reflections within reflections and translucency in reflections. The RTX cards have accelerated, dedicated ray-tracing cores that most likely produce much better results even at lower resolutions and RT settings. Yet there's a number of issues with ray-tracing itself that can and does render it unusable , or at least difficult to obtain workable results, in certain scenarios, from what I've read in these forums and several articles.

Have you considered Box Reflection Captures, or 3D render target captures? It's not that it's not worth a shot with ray-tracing. It's probably going to produce better results than any of the former options, unless you're an Unreal guru and are capable of doing amazing things with the other options. But it still requires a bit of learning and correct setup.

Comment

https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...ent/index.html

This covers everything. For arch viz you might want to use box reflections for the rectangle rooms. They have some restrictions. They do not mix with each other very well. So it might be easier to use spheres. The rule is that spheres with lower radius will have higher priorities. So if you find a couple of vases on the sideboard have pure reflection you can add a sphere with a small radius to give them a bitter reflection

Raytraced reflections are the best and with an RTX card they are fairly fast. You might still need some reflection spheres and boxes for low reflective surfaces like walls or carpets. Anything that hasn't got a roughness of 0.0 reflects a bit. Raytraced reflections have a minimum roughness by default because raytracing everything would be too expensive in some cases.
          www.s-dot.de/viz
          ArchViz User Interface :: UE4 Marketplace.

Comment

Working...
          X