Emissive Material Not Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emissive Material Not Working

I'm trying to use emissive material for POP Lighting but its not working even in Lit mode, I've tried Baking it on Medium settings but it isn't working, I'm new to UE

Have you checked the documentation? I would always start at the original epic games documentation, like this here: https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...low/index.html
    www.s-dot.de/viz
    ArchViz User Interface :: UE4 Marketplace.

Comment

Originally posted by FiresfistAce View Post
      I'm trying to use emissive material for POP Lighting but its not working even in Lit mode, I've tried Baking it on Medium settings but it isn't working, I'm new to UE
      Two things with emissive:

1) Turn it up! A setting of about 90 would look much better

2) Post process really makes a difference. Switch on 'infinite extent' and set the bloom to 1 or higher.

It is also possible to allow emissive materials to emit bakable light, is that what you're referring to?

Comment

same problem, but work in another project, same settings , so wierd

Comment

Is the black part in the scene the mesh with the emissive material? What happens when you put the white wall texture on it? I guess you tried that to make sure its a material and not a mesh problem.

What is the rest of your lighting setup? Are you using the Sun and Sky Atmosphere? Have you tried to set the emissive value to 100000 or something ridiculous? The sun value in that actor is something like 100000 lux so compared to that 2 lux would be black. Just an idea. It's normally not a big thing to set up an emissive material. Should work. Is the mapping of the mesh ok?

If you want it to emit real light then you have to tick the 'Use Emissive for Static Lighting" check box afaik in the mesh details panel.
          www.s-dot.de/viz
          ArchViz User Interface :: UE4 Marketplace.

Comment

Working...
          X