Pixelated artifacts in lightmaps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pixelated artifacts in lightmaps

Hello, I am trying to bake a bedroom scene. I have already done it in 4.23 and it was pretty fine. In 4.24 it gives me some bright pixel artifacts in areas that should normally be shadowed. It happens not in every shadow but mostly on places that are almost completely covered by something and should be really dark. I uploaded some pictures. One is under the bed, one is behind the curtains and in one i hid the vanity mirror so that you see how the wall behind it is pixelated and bright instead of black.

lightmass settings are pretty high 0,1 scale, 10 and 10 both bounces, 4 quality, 1 smoothness. The meshes it happens on are simple walls or floor which means the unwrap is easy and lightmap res is 1024x1024. Anyway if it works in 4.23 why those artifacts in 4.24?
    Attached Files

By the size of the pixels it looks like it might be something else. Some pixels are larger than others. That wouldn't happen as far as I know. Have you tried to check Detail Lighting and Lighting Only modes to see if it actually is a lighting problem?
    www.s-dot.de/viz
    ArchViz User Interface :: UE4 Marketplace.

Comment

Yes, it is exactly the same in Detail Lighting and Lighting Only view modes. Searching on the web I found another post in the forums having a similar problem. A scene that baked fine in 4.23, upgraded to 4.24 and had issues. https://forums.unrealengine.com/deve...build-lighting

Something similar to this post happens to my wardrobe. Look at the pictures 4.23 clean lightmaps, 4.24 dirty lightmpas, on the same mesh, with the same unwrap. Just in 4.24 I have removed many objects for the scene as I was wasting hours testing and testing again thinking that I might fix it by changing various settings, only to find out it was the engine version that is responsible. Unless someone enlightens me with some sort of trick I didn't know that can fix it.
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X