Need help with Raytracing noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with Raytracing noise

So I am testing out raytracing in a interior project I am making. My issue is that my viewport and sequencer renders look like the attatched picture no matter what I do. I've tried the official resources but can't find what is causing it to look like this when so many other renders look so clean!

Can anyone help?

Are there settings enabled that would conflict with ray tracing? a number of those could include:

Light Propagation Volume settings that do not suit ray tracing
    Global Illumination (non-ray tracing type) in PPV
    Cascading Shadow Maps (it could be the settings, if not that it's enabled)
    Building at Preview Quality level rather than Medium / High / Production
    Number of ray tracing samples is low (set to above 1 or 2)
    Improper material setup (if it's a starter material that comes with UE, then it may require creating a separate material and using that starter material as a texture sample rather than the pre-made material)
    Incorrect distance field settings for the scene (either shadowing in directional light settings and/or ambient occlusion via PPV)
    Volumetric Lightmap settings in World Settings / Lightmass (I know, Lightmass is baked, yet it still can affect things if it's on)
    "Force no pre-computed lighting" is disabled

It's a bit of a list, but it's important to consider that things often don't entirely work within the confines of the "official" doc pages. One more is to disable lightmap compression if it's on in the Project Settings.

Comment

Originally posted by thehotterpotato View Post
      So I am testing out raytracing in a interior project I am making. My issue is that my viewport and sequencer renders look like the attatched picture no matter what I do. I've tried the official resources but can't find what is causing it to look like this when so many other renders look so clean!

Can anyone help?
      Its global illumination. Turn up the samples.

Comment

Originally posted by preston42382 View Post
        Are there settings enabled that would conflict with ray tracing? a number of those could include:

Light Propagation Volume settings that do not suit ray tracing
        Global Illumination (non-ray tracing type) in PPV
        Cascading Shadow Maps (it could be the settings, if not that it's enabled)
        Building at Preview Quality level rather than Medium / High / Production
        Number of ray tracing samples is low (set to above 1 or 2)
        Improper material setup (if it's a starter material that comes with UE, then it may require creating a separate material and using that starter material as a texture sample rather than the pre-made material)
        Incorrect distance field settings for the scene (either shadowing in directional light settings and/or ambient occlusion via PPV)
        Volumetric Lightmap settings in World Settings / Lightmass (I know, Lightmass is baked, yet it still can affect things if it's on)
        "Force no pre-computed lighting" is disabled

It's a bit of a list, but it's important to consider that things often don't entirely work within the confines of the "official" doc pages. One more is to disable lightmap compression if it's on in the Project Settings.
        "Light Propagation Volume settings that do not suit ray tracing" Your getting there, but LPV has been abandoned for over a year now, give or take a few months
        "Global Illumination (non-ray tracing type) in PPV" Warmer.
        "Cascading Shadow Maps (it could be the settings, if not that it's enabled)" Raytracing.
        "Building at Preview Quality level rather than Medium / High / Production" Raytracing.
        Number of ray tracing samples is low (set to above 1 or 2)" Bingo. you got it.
        "Improper material setup (if it's a starter material that comes with UE, then it may require creating a separate material and using that starter material as a texture sample rather than the pre-made material)" Very unlikely
        "Incorrect distance field settings for the scene (either shadowing in directional light settings and/or ambient occlusion via PPV)" Distancefields are super uncommon, and again, raytracing
        "Volumetric Lightmap settings in World Settings / Lightmass (I know, Lightmass is baked, yet it still can affect things if it's on)" Raytracing.
        ""Force no pre-computed lighting" is disabled" Raytracing.

Comment

Are you sure LPV should no longer be used,regardless if its truly abaondoned?

I'm seeing counter opinions so wanted to get more info.
          Solo but Seismic - feel free to apply
          https://neighborlee1.wixsite.com/theheartseed

Comment

Working...
          X