Unreal 4.24.1 Crashes instantly on launch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unreal 4.24.1 Crashes instantly on launch

Am already frustrated, Unreal 4.24.1 crashes almost immediately on launch with different error codes,
    I also have 4.22 and it launches well.

My Laptop is
    16gb ram
    gtx 1050ti
    I-7 7700HQ 2.8ghz - 3.5ghz
    256GB SSD
    2TB HDD

Try to delete the config folder of that project. (If you are opening a project and not just the editor). Then open level by level to find what crashes it. Most likely lack of memory. I found reflection captures crashed my project as the arch viz default project settings in 4.24 had them set to 2048 size. Deleting the config folder will reset all settings.

If the editor on its own doesn't load then this won't help.
    www.s-dot.de/viz
    ArchViz User Interface :: UE4 Marketplace.

Comment

Having same issue with 4.24 crashing. Originally thought it may be the Raytracing enabled but also crashed when creating a project with raytracing.Tried disabling certain plugins and would still crash, mainly when exiting the program.
      my system is as follows.
      System Model OMEN by HP Desktop PC 880-p1xx
      System Type x64-based PC
      Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3601 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
      Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
      Video NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

I'm will to try any suggestions to get this working. I would like to take advantage of the flim catagory features in 4.24 and utilize iClone LiveLink.

Comment

So what exactly did you do? Did you try to create a new empty project and that crashed?

Or if you used an existing project then try this:

Reduce the reflection capture sizes in the DefaultEngine.ini config file. Should be in the render settings

r.ReflectionCaptureResolution=256

replace it with this and see if the level loads.

If that doesn't help remove the GameMapSettings from this config file and then load all levels separately to find out which level crashes. Unless you only have one level. But it will still tell you if your level is crashing or the engine in general.
        www.s-dot.de/viz
        ArchViz User Interface :: UE4 Marketplace.

Comment

Working...
        X