Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LC Apartments in Florida - UE4 Archviz, Raytracing animation

Hello everyone!
    Here is an archviz project done in collaboration with Imerza. Skyline team was responsible for preparing archviz scenes of a total of 6 different apartment layouts and amenity space in Unreal Engine 4 for VR.
    Below is an apartment animation we recorded in Unreal Engine 4 in 4k with ray tracing technology.

Animation:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Di2gBewltnM

Full resolution and more images on behance project page:
    https://www.behance.net/gallery/8529...ch-Florida-UE4

Hope you like it!
    Last edited by DebkowskiSKYLINE; 09-17-2019, 04:31 AM.

Stunning work congrats.
    Care to share information regarding lighting in this project?
    Also when you said Ray Tracing technology what exactly was raytraced?? Reflection and Refraction only? or you guys did GI too?
    Francisco Penaloza.
    Sr. Visualization Artist
    HMC Architects

Comment

Originally posted by fco3d View Post
      Stunning work congrats.
      Care to share information regarding lighting in this project?
      Also when you said Ray Tracing technology what exactly was raytraced?? Reflection and Refraction only? or you guys did GI too?
      Hey fco3d thanks a lot. GI was baked. Raytracing was used for reflections and soft shadows from dynamic lights in some places.

Comment

@DebkowskiSKYLINE great thank you for the info, do you guys use GPU baking for this?
        The video looks very sharp are you increasing the screen size before outputting the video?

Francisco Penaloza.
        Sr. Visualization Artist
        HMC Architects

Comment

Originally posted by fco3d View Post
          @DebkowskiSKYLINE great thank you for the info, do you guys use GPU baking for this?
          The video looks very sharp are you increasing the screen size before outputting the video?
          no problem I used CPU for baking - around 60min on three PCs - total of 108 cores.
          Yes for the final output I increased screen percentage to 170 I think - above 170 my gpu driver was unstable and crashed a lot.
          Last edited by DebkowskiSKYLINE; 09-18-2019, 01:10 AM.

Comment

Thank you very much for your time answering my questions.
            Sadly in this forum, I haven't been that successful to get many answers, most people do not seem to be willing to share.
            I come from a 3D MAx background trying to learn Unreal so I am trying to figure out this new engine.

Are you guys using Data smith for this? or everything is manually prepared? I am asking because I have that dilemma sometimes I feel like it would be better to collapse all walls in a single mesh and then unwrap and other time it feels better to unwrap each element separately.
            I understand the concept of draw calls but I am not sure if there is a rule of thumb of how many is too much, or if it is better to have large objects to bake less.

In your case that a medium-size building, did you collapse the building in chunk or each wall is a separate element?
            Thank you again.
            Francisco Penaloza.
            Sr. Visualization Artist
            HMC Architects

Comment

We arent using Datasmith for our scenes. We are building material and texture library and doing everything inside the engine with content we've gathered so far and creating new mats if needed.
              Having walls (and other large elements) as one big chunk is not a good idea - it builds longer than for example the same mesh divided into 4 seperate ones.
              F.e
              if you are having walls as:
              one mesh - resolution 2048 - while building this gets handled by one processor thread
              four smaller meshes - resolution 1024 each - while building lighting this gets handled by 4 processor threads

So if you have small scene and walls will be one big mesh lihgitng build will most likely get stuck at 99% because most of the smaller lightmaps will get callculated much faster and you will have to wait f.e 3 times longer until that big chunk of mesh gets finished calculating.

Comment

Thank you very much for the inside info, very interesting indeed, I didn't know that baking was separated per cores.
                Thank you.
                Francisco Penaloza.
                Sr. Visualization Artist
                HMC Architects

Comment

This looks dam good. Great job!
                  Lewis Garrison
                  Co-Founder and Lead Illustrator at VIZfire
                  Architect at Partners by Design

https://vizfire.net/

https://www.linkedin.com/in/lewis-garrison-79301b5b/

Comment

Lewis_Garrison thanks man! I am glad you like it

Comment

Excellent work, nice lighting! Look forward to see future projects.

Comment

Congratulations, very nice and clean!
                        Daniele Barone
                        Freelance 3D Linkedin

Comment

This is really great - lighting and balance between backplate + interior superb - well done!

Comment

Thanks Everyone!

Comment

Working...
                            X