Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please help me about shetchup to unreal studio

First of all sorry for my bad engslish. Now here is the topic;

I designed 1+1 home in Sketchup 2019. Then i export .udatasmith from Sketchup and imported to Unreal Studio. After that my Unreal Studio is working veryslow. Also if i tried to save, everytime Unreal is shutting down. My lightmassresolution for static mesh is 64-128. My Pc specs are; GTX 1080, I5 8600K OC (4.3GHZ) 8GB 3200 MHZ DDR4 RAM wih SSD.
    My datasmith file has 46000 assets.
    I tried export from Sketchup with fbx.Same happened.
    I tried Sketchup to 3ds max then export from 3dsmax with udatasmith. Same happened
    I tried export from 3dsmax with FBX. Same happened also everthing comes dark. All lights are gone.
    Last thing is i imported udatasmith file without texture and materials and same thing.
    What can i do?
    Please Help ME!
    Last edited by ruxerz; 07-25-2019, 06:01 PM.

Are you sure it has 46000 assets? That's way too much

Comment

[QUOTE="darthviper107;n1646491"]Are you sure it has 46000 assets? That's way too much[/QUOTE

It was 43000 sorry.
      https://imgur.com/IF1yRmK

46000 unbuilt objects
      https://imgur.com/R20JHna

Also my home model in sketchup
      https://imgur.com/K5Fh06P

Comment

Split your scene in different layers:
        - walls,
        - windows and doors,
        - floors/ceilings,
        - furniture kitchen,
        - furniture living room,
        and so on.
        And then try to convert them separately. Perhaps you can with this method figure out which of the objects are slowing down the engine.
        And you should check your stats with the triangle/polygons count, the fps and the draw calls.

In my opinion, CAD software like Sketchup is creating too much faces, that are for a visualisation not necessary, i. e. top and bottom of the wall. Sometimes you only need two faces for a wall that is inside of the building and is visible from both sides if you move from one room to another. And this is with all objects that are beeing created with such CAD software. For building purpose you need the volume of the objects that is enclosed of all the faces but you don't for visualisation purpose. Therefor you can not model everything you like and convert it to Unreal Engine. The Engine receives an overload of geometrie, materials and lightmaps that are not needed. But all that will be rendered by the engine.
        Hope that helps you a bit further.
        Last edited by cgArchitekt; 07-26-2019, 07:57 AM. Reason: corrected some mistakes

Comment

Originally posted by cgArchitekt View Post
          Split your scene in different layers:
          - walls,
          - windows and doors,
          - floors/ceilings,
          - furniture kitchen,
          - furniture living room,
          and so on.
          And then try to convert them separately. Perhaps you can with this method figure out which of the objects are slowing down the engine.
          And you should check your stats with the triangle/polygons count, the fps and the draw calls.

In my opinion, CAD software like Sketchup is creating to much faces, that are for a visualisation are not necessary, i. e. top and bottom of the wall. Sometimes you only need only to faces for a wall that is inside of the building and is visible from both sides if you move from one room to another. And this is with all objects that are beeing created with such CAD software. For building purpose you need the volume of the objects that is enclosed of all the faces but you don't for visualisation purpose. Therefor you can not model everything you like and convert it to Unreal Engine. The Engine receives an overload of geometrie, materials and lightmaps that are not needed. But all that will be rendered by the engine.
          Hope that helps you a bit further.
          Thank you for your response

Comment

Sketchup must be splitting too much of the elements. Each separate object is a draw call in UE4 and as that gets higher the performance drops, you'd need to get that number way lower, like less than 1,000
            A house should probably be in the range of a few hundred.
            The number of polygons aren't necessarily an issue, the engine can handle a million just fine, especially if your purpose is just for rendering.

Comment

I deleted furnitures like sofa, plants etc. My assets 2200 rightnow. Now i can use engine comfortly without any problem. Thank you for your responses

Comment

Originally posted by ruxerz View Post
                I deleted furnitures like sofa, plants etc. My assets 2200 rightnow. Now i can use engine comfortly without any problem. Thank you for your responses
                maybe you can merge some of them so that you have even less single objects to build in furniture as well.

Comment

Working...
                X