X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• started a topic Epic acquires Twinmotion

Epic acquires Twinmotion

Twinmotion Joins Unreal Engine Suite of Technologies

Cary, NC (May 13, 2019) – Epic Games today welcomes Twinmotion as the latest offering to help visualization professionals in the architecture, construction, urban planning, and landscaping industries better communicate their designs. Powered by Unreal Engine 4, Twinmotion delivers real-time, final-quality rendering through a simple and intuitive interface, with the ability to quickly produce a variety of presentation options including images, panoramas, videos, and virtual reality content.

Starting today, anyone can download Twinmotion for free at twinmotion.com. The free download period will last through November 2019. Early adopters who download Twinmotion between now and November will be able to keep using this version forever at no charge, with no royalty and no strings attached. Epic will continue to enhance Twinmotion with new capabilities to ensure architects and designers have the tools they need to succeed. Additional features and pricing will be announced at a later date.
    Key features and benefits of Twinmotion include:
    • Photorealistic quality in real-time: View and edit scenes at an unprecedented level of visual fidelity, all in real-time. With real-time radiosity, and over 600 PBR materials that react to the environment, Twinmotion enables designers to achieve photorealistic visuals.
    • Simple and intuitive: Twinmotion’s innovative, easy-to-use interface simplifies tasks regardless of a project’s size and complexity, or users’ previous CG experience. Users may drag and drop lights and materials, or alter the season or the weather, by simply manipulating the slider tool.
    • One setup for all media: Using a single Twinmotion scene, users can create a variety of media exports including images, panoramas, immersive 360° videos, VR scenes, and more in mere seconds. Twinmotion also supports the most popular VR headsets.
    • Wide compatibility: Twinmotion is compatible with most BIM software, and provides direct one-click synchronization with ARCHICAD and Revit projects. Users can also import any assets in FBX, SKP, C4D, and OBJ formats.
    • Smart assets for lifelike scenes: Twinmotion’s library of over 2,500 objects includes both static assets, such as furniture and rocks, as well as dynamic assets, including animated human and animal characters, responsive plants, and ambient sounds, helping to bring designs to life and tell a story through visual design.
    • Geography-specific context: By setting a project’s geographic location, users can download maps and add real-world context to scenes.
    “At Epic, we succeed when our customers succeed, and Twinmotion helps AEC professionals easily deliver stunningly detailed, lifelike representations of their designs,” said Marc Petit, General Manager, Unreal Engine, Epic Games. “Since launching our Unreal Studio beta in March 2018, we’ve seen particular demand in the AEC space. We’re thrilled to continue building Twinmotion to make high-end visualization even more accessible to the global architecture community.”
    Response from industry leaders

“Many ARCHICAD users already find great value in using ARCHICAD and Twinmotion together to quickly and effectively communicate the intent behind their designs to clients and owners. Real-time rendering indeed is the next big thing in photorealistic visualization, and GRAPHISOFT is excited to be closely working with Epic to bring the next level of immersive experiences to ARCHICAD users.” said Huw Roberts, CEO of GRAPHISOFT.

"At Trimble, we believe in 3D for everyone; that through simplicity and accessibility we help to democratize the world of design. Epic's announcement today, with their free release of a simple-to-use visual storytelling tool capable of the most beautiful of visualizations at interactive frame rates, opens a compelling new opportunity for our users. We're excited to see what comes next!" shared Christopher Keating, General Manager of Trimble's Architecture & Design Division.
    For more details, and to download Twinmotion, visit: http://www.twinmotion.com.

• replied
    Twinmotion with the Sketchup plugin is a great way to quickly test ideas out. Epic, any idea on pricing after November 2019? $50 / month? More? Not sure yet?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Daniel.IAO View Post
    Is it possible now or in the future to open and use Twinmotion projects in the Unreal engine to work further on a project?
    I would bet that will become possible in the future.

https://youtu.be/4HLV-p4rASk

Cheers,

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is it possible now or in the future to open and use Twinmotion projects in the Unreal engine to work further on a project?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    this is a silly question but nonetheless I am unsure about the EULA as it is the same game engine and company
    but
    Can I use the free and demo UE4 assets in Twinmotion legally?
    The various village construction kits etc free each month or permanently FBX or obj exported..
    I sort would like to know before I start creating some cinematic that goes viral etc!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi, I am not sure if this is the correct thread for this, but have recently downloaded your free beta version of Twinmotion & have been testing it for my firm. I am very excited to see the direction your development takes. This type software is exactly what my small firm needs next & has has been extremely easy to learn & use with surprisingly good results. I have been looking at Twinmotion vs Lumion for a while & would like to offer a couple recommendations which would lead me to purchase your next version of Twinmotion.

1) Please give us support for a 3d Connexion mouse. This is the single biggest reason I have not purchased one of the programs already. MANY users of this genre software are not from a gaming background & find the 3d mouse an enormous time (& keystroke) saver. Virtually ALL of my other architectural cad programs support the 3d mouse.

2) Although the interface is very easy to pick up, it would be great to be able to resize & shrink the icons for both toolbar areas. I am sure many users will be designing on 1 or more 24"+ monitors & there is a lot of wasted space in this instance. Conversely, if you are going to fix that amount of space, a small hierarchical set of folders could easily replace all the "more buttons" for quicker access.

3) Since we will almost always start by importing a model - the ability to specify a location on import would be great. Especially for instances where we may import several models with specific location requirements.

4) For material creation & adjustment, having a menu which would access all of the material maps in one place rather than under multiple tabs (Color-more, Reflection-more, Settings-Metallicness-more, etc) would greatly aid new material creation & map adjustment.

I am eagerly awaiting your next (first unreal) release. - Thank You

Leave a comment:

• replied
    twice now my monitors went black and I had to restart my PC when using Twinmotion
    the second time just starting it

it might be this update
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...date-kb4507437

was solved going back a Nvidia driver
    nevermind my 980ti kicked the bucket, I am now using my old 760 and it is working really well considering I cannot render iray in DAZ studio on it even as everything exceeds it and goes to CPU, UE4 works well on this card too so I might need to render all my animations in Twinmotion and UE4
    Last edited by Wendyluvscatz; 08-23-2019, 05:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Can we get an option to adjust keyboard shortcuts? Switching between Unreal and Twinmotion for different projects is made more difficult for muscle memory by Q and E being reversed in each application. If keyboard shortcuts aren't planned, then maybe at least have the same commands?

Also, any word on the planned bridge?
    https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/b...-bridge-to-ue4

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Honestly when I heard about the acquisition I thought it was so that Epic could kill Twinmotion off.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Wendyluvscatz View Post
    Twinmotion really needs it's own forum as new threads just get started here and nobody really addresses anyone elses questions etc
    Yes!! And the Twinmotion support site from Epic is very hard to read. A real forum is needed now that the Abvent forum is "dead".

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Twinmotion really needs it's own forum as new threads just get started here and nobody really addresses anyone elses questions etc

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by kenpimentel View Post
    Dev team is super busy and it always takes time after an acquisition to figure out roadmaps and integrate the new people. I would give us 3 months to get things together where we know more about where we’re precisely headed. Generally speaking, you should log your issues if you have some so we’re aware of problems and can prioritize.
    Thanks for the info.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi, a question about the Bimobject integration to Twinmotion (Abvent) partnership. Is it still available on Epic Release?
    Thx

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Dev team is super busy and it always takes time after an acquisition to figure out roadmaps and integrate the new people. I would give us 3 months to get things together where we know more about where we’re precisely headed. Generally speaking, you should log your issues if you have some so we’re aware of problems and can prioritize.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by david.gillespie View Post
    Is there a roadmap of where Twinmotion is heading? Would be very keen on inputting.
    I totally agree. We should now where its heading before integrating it into our pipeline. I read sometime ago that it will be able to export the scenes into ue4. I wonder when its going to go out.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X