X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All is clear ! Thanks for the return!
    Architect with Archicad

Comment

Sounds great!... thank you Epic - I was hoping you'd do something like this for a long time, I love UE4 but it could never be used by my whole office, we use Lumion at the moment for its ease of use but I think Twinmotion with Epics backing should surpass that soon enough

Comment

Support for Twinmotion is managed here.
        Sr. Product Manager
        Epic Games

Comment

Originally posted by kenpimentel View Post
          Support for Twinmotion is managed here.
          So when will data smith work with Twinmotion?
          Last edited by pbdarcey; 05-14-2019, 02:12 PM. Reason: Got my answer..

Comment

Awesome news! However, I am having problems with the new archicad exporter. Anyone else?

Comment

Originally posted by pbdarcey View Post

So when will data smith work with Twinmotion?
              It would make a lot of sense to do that. No estimate on when though.
              Sr. Product Manager
              Epic Games

Comment

Any plans for Twinmotion to have retraced reflections?
                (slightly OT) Since Twinmotion can read C4D files, with there (soon) be support for C4D files in UE4 as well (i.g. Datasmith)?

Comment

If i download and install twinmotion now, and later on when i change my computer (say in december, which by then the free period would be over), will I be able to reinstall the free version again in the new system? Will my account recognize that i had installed previously?

And for my previous question ( see qote below), is there any solution?
                  Originally posted by Jejacob View Post
                  hello.. this is interesting times! is there a way to install twinmotion in any other than through the epic games launcher. I am asking since our organization has blocked the games site. Is there any option for an offline installer?
                  Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by kenpimentel View Post

It would make a lot of sense to do that. No estimate on when though.
                    or at least import of native UE4 assets from existing projects.

Comment

There is any idea about the pricing after the free period?

Comment

Twinmotion has a potential to become a great tool, but it is absolutely terrible at the moment. Almost unusable on a Mac. To many crashes, .skp file import crashes as well.
                        Actually interface is too simple! and not logical. Hope Epic will fix all of these!
                        Looking forward to see an improvement next release as it does make nice images and video, when it works.

More GI and lighting control, more effects, more animation control, render passes for post !!! , more stable , ability to use assets from marketplace, ability to update a model without loosing all the work you did in Twinmotion. Looks like like a good opportunity to integrate datasmith.

Thank you,

Comment

Originally posted by espacedub View Post
                          Any plans for Twinmotion to have retraced reflections?
                          (slightly OT) Since Twinmotion can read C4D files, with there (soon) be support for C4D files in UE4 as well (i.g. Datasmith)?
                          TM is built on 4.19 I think. It will need 4.22/4.23 to get DXR support. I hope it happens before end of 2019.

Datasmith C4D native file import will be in 4.23. Previews in about 6 weeks.
                          Sr. Product Manager
                          Epic Games

Comment

Originally posted by Jejacob View Post
                            If i download and install twinmotion now, and later on when i change my computer (say in december, which by then the free period would be over), will I be able to reinstall the free version again in the new system? Will my account recognize that i had installed previously?

And for my previous question ( see qote below), is there any solution?

Thanks!
                            I'm not totally sure of the behavior in December, so I won't comment on it. All I'm sure of is that what you have downloaded will continue to work.

We do not plan to make a Launcher-less version available except with a special license (that isn't free). If you think your company needs that, you can let us know.
                            Sr. Product Manager
                            Epic Games

Comment

Originally posted by davide445 View Post
                              There is any idea about the pricing after the free period?
                              Nothing has been determined, but the idea would be to focus on adoption and not making price a barrier. What do you think you should pay for it?
                              Sr. Product Manager
                              Epic Games

Comment

Originally posted by artpen View Post
                                Twinmotion has a potential to become a great tool, but it is absolutely terrible at the moment. Almost unusable on a Mac. To many crashes, .skp file import crashes as well.
                                Actually interface is too simple! and not logical. Hope Epic will fix all of these!
                                Looking forward to see an improvement next release as it does make nice images and video, when it works.

More GI and lighting control, more effects, more animation control, render passes for post !!! , more stable , ability to use assets from marketplace, ability to update a model without loosing all the work you did in Twinmotion. Looks like like a good opportunity to integrate datasmith.

Thank you,
                                What kind of Mac do you have? It works OK on my Macbook Pro. It is sensitive to GPU and RAM considerations, so perhaps you are trying to work with heavier data than your GPU allows? We do know of a problem with SKP importer right now in the free version. I don't know ETA on the fix.

We have big plans for Twinmotion, but it's going to take more than "1 release". I hope you enjoy the journey.
                                Sr. Product Manager
                                Epic Games

Comment

Working...
                                X