Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• started a topic Can't rotate custom Cubemap for Skylight in BP

Can't rotate custom Cubemap for Skylight in BP

I'm experimenting with ray tracing and lighting my scenes with an hdr cubemap.
    I made a simple BP that has a sphere and a skylight and I rotate the texture on the sphere and the cubemap angle.
    Works fine when I play the level but I can't preview the rotation because I can't set the cubemap angle in BP so the construction script doesn't update.

Considering there's a "get cubemap angle" node I'd think the missing set node is an oversight. Hope you add it soon, it'd be useful for real time lighting.

• replied
    Originally posted by bzk View Post

That really doesn't help me in any way. I want to visualize the HDRI rotation in the editor. I already have it working as the game is playing.
    The only reason I can't do it right now, as I explained exceedingly simply before, is because the blueprint editor is missing a node that absolutely should be there.
    My bad, I didnt know you explained your overwhelming challenge that you have... so exceedingly simply. Dont be surprised if you ever get answer to your questions in forums with this behavior. I posted you probably the only solution you currently can have with blueprints.

If you downloaded the project file from the thread I posted to you, you could've found that you can Recapture the Skylight which means you can use "SLS Captured Scene" instead "Specified cubemap" on Skylight and just control the rotation of the sphere cube map. This way you can get the rotation of the sphere cubemap, if this is exceedingly simple enough for you to do.

To check if this logic works, as I already exceedingly simply gave you a tip that you can use the Path Tracing view mode to double check what the skylight is capturing. You can play with the Sky Distance Threshold to cut out the nearest objects if you dont want them inside the skylight.

I hope I explained the concept in exceedingly simple terms.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by NasteX View Post
    If you googled a bit you couldve found this thread. https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...svolume-1.html

One little tip for you, change the View mode to Path Tracing, there you will see the angle of the Skylight cubemap. This way you can match the SkySphere" texture or the other way around.
    That really doesn't help me in any way. I want to visualize the HDRI rotation in the editor. I already have it working as the game is playing.
    The only reason I can't do it right now, as I explained exceedingly simply before, is because the blueprint editor is missing a node that absolutely should be there.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If you googled a bit you couldve found this thread. https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...svolume-1.html

One little tip for you, change the View mode to Path Tracing, there you will see the angle of the Skylight cubemap. This way you can match the SkySphere" texture or the other way around.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X