Datasmith messing up textures with Sampler type as normal maps

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Datasmith messing up textures with Sampler type as normal maps

Hi, we have a problem when importing projects from 3dsmax and corona render, Some of the materials come as a normal map in the diffuse slot, the problem is that when we check the texture, the texture that is placed on the diffuse is the correct diffuse, but its messesd up, we need to find again the original texture and replace all the nodes with this one, and we have A LOT of nodes in the fabric shaders, so here are a bunch of screenshots...
    Any one with a solution for it?
    When I try to manually change the sampler type to color the sm5 nodesampler texture error comes up

If you change the sampler type, you have to re-add the texture to the material editor. I just delete the node and drag/drop the texture back in.

Comment

Hi, thx for the response, but is there a way to avoid the error in the first place??

Comment

same thing happening to me , I'm interested to know why it's occurring in the first place.

Comment

Hi,

somehow we missed that post as we generally monitor the Unreal Studio forum for datasmith issues.

Can you please send you archived max model containing only that object and relevant submaps to our team? we will have a look.

https://unrealstudiohelp.epicgames.c...community-page

Pierre-Felix Breton

Sr Technical Product Manager AEC, Unreal Engine Enterprise
          Epic Games - LinkedIn

Unreal Studio Documentation
          Unreal Studio Technical Support
          Report Unreal Studio Bugs

Comment

Working...
          X