Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ray Tracing Overview - Unreal Engine 4.22 Preview

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #76
    If you're getting lots of noise turn up your light sources and adjust the result with auto-exposure. All of the tricks you use to improve path tracing will work with RTX.

    Comment


      #77
      Originally posted by Antidamage View Post
      If you're actually using the render as an asset can you take it into photoshop and run Dust & Scratches on it?
      Dust & Scratches and some additional photoshop denoising can improve quality, but still, it would be rather bad quality, especially with textures on, when you can't go aggressive on blurring.

      Originally posted by Farshid View Post

      how you achieve this with 1070
      my 1060 has two much noise
      are you using skylight for this scene or something else ?
      I used only default set of UE lights - directional ligh and skylight.

      Comment


        #78
        Good day! I perform raytracing tests on the RTX 2070, managed to get rid of the noise, but in no way could I get rid of the glow around some objects ((can they tell me how to cope with this? What would I not change PTX settings, nothing helps

        Comment


          #79
          Originally posted by Czaja91 View Post
          At the current state of development is it possible to achieve good looking pathtraced still images? I'm using GTX 1070 and my simple test scene can't get any further than that (white spots won't go away).
          Hey Czaja91. My English is bad. So I'm sorry, please. Path tracing is active with 1070 graphics cards. But even though I have made all the instructions, he's not active. How can I do that. ?

          Comment


            #80
            Originally posted by Dimax3dd View Post
            Good day! I perform raytracing tests on the RTX 2070, managed to get rid of the noise, but in no way could I get rid of the glow around some objects ((can they tell me how to cope with this? What would I not change PTX settings, nothing helps
            Are you lighting your scene with a HDRI or skylight? Are you using RTGI? I had similar issue with skylight + RTGI, you'll get halos and other artifacts...so I disable skylight.

            Try isolating the rendering features and light to see what is causing the problem. Try lighting with lights, turn off everything else(RTGI,reflection,AO,post process).

            edit: I think it's related to the RTGI(it's really experimental feature). See my attached pics. The one with the black arrow is RTGI = ON, the other one is RTGI = OFF.

            Click image for larger version  Name:	RTGI_OFF.jpg Views:	1 Size:	276.5 KB ID:	1608151Click image for larger version  Name:	RTGI_ON.jpg Views:	1 Size:	278.5 KB ID:	1608152
            Last edited by SonKim; 04-15-2019, 03:14 PM.
            TOUR of DUTY

            Comment


              #81
              Originally posted by SonKim View Post

              Are you lighting your scene with a HDRI or skylight? Are you using RTGI? I had similar issue with skylight + RTGI, you'll get halos and other artifacts...so I disable skylight.

              Try isolating the rendering features and light to see what is causing the problem. Try lighting with lights, turn off everything else(RTGI,reflection,AO,post process).

              edit: I think it's related to the RTGI(it's really experimental feature). See my attached pics. The one with the black arrow is RTGI = ON, the other one is RTGI = OFF.

              Click image for larger version Name:	RTGI_OFF.jpg Views:	1 Size:	276.5 KB ID:	1608151Click image for larger version Name:	RTGI_ON.jpg Views:	1 Size:	278.5 KB ID:	1608152
              Thanks for your answer, I tested all the functions, the loop disappears when the GI turns off and when I turn off the shadows. I attached a video for understanding. I do not use HDRI in my stage and there is no glass, quality changes do not affect this loop. You have visible artifacts on your image, they are visible when I move the camera
              https://youtu.be/MnoXrQ2U2Uk

              Comment


                #82
                Hello all,
                Is it possible to have more information in order to recreate the "post process ray expense" material of which talks Sjoerd De Jong about in his GDC conference?
                You can see it at 22'00 in the video.
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EekCn4wed1E

                Thanks,
                Last edited by etiles; 04-17-2019, 04:46 AM.

                Comment


                  #83
                  Originally posted by etiles View Post
                  Hello all,
                  Is it possible to have more information in order to recreate the "post process ray expense" material of which talks Sjoerd De Jong about in his GDC conference?
                  You can see it at 22'00 in the video.
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EekCn4wed1E

                  Thanks,
                  I think that postprocess material just use the SceneTexture node selecting Roughness and giving a different color grade for each roughness value range, nothing too fancy.
                  Nilson Lima
                  Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
                  Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/uFFSEXY

                  UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
                  supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

                  Comment


                    #84
                    etiles When you are at the editor, at the viewport click on the Lit menu, then take a look at Ray Tracing Debug options. If you choose Roughness, it will be basically the same as Sjoerd De Jong showed at GDC, but in grayscale. The diagnostic for the scene is the same, with Black color meaning fully reflective and White color fully Rough, so you need to check the intermediate of those gray shades.
                    Nilson Lima
                    Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
                    Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/uFFSEXY

                    UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
                    supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

                    Comment


                      #85
                      Thank you Nilson. I thought it was something more complex like the "PBR validate" from substance or something like that.
                      By yhe way, I notice something strange that i don't understand.
                      When ray tracing is enabled, values that are read are those in the RayTracing buffer visualization, right? But I guess values are supposed to be the same : a value of roughness=0.5 is the same whatever if raytracing is enabled or not.
                      Here is what the roughness value is for the same material. Traditionnal buffer on the left, and RayTracing buffer on the right. Why thereis a so huge difference between both?
                      I checked other value as BaseColor, Specularity, Metallic, and values seems to be the same. Difference is noticeable only with roughness.
                      Mmm... Is it a bug?

                      Click image for larger version

Name:	RtxRoughnessValues.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	109.5 KB
ID:	1609007

                      Comment


                        #86
                        etiles I agree that your findings are weird indeed, anyway I think the main point is a truly representation on the gradient embracing the meaning = extremes (black and white good) and gradient (gray are bad - sort of). Looking at an entire scene at least, it makes sense.

                        I wouldn't call it a bug, but someone didn't just consider that there was another visualization for roughness (someone sloppy maybe), so for coherence it should be the same, I hope someone see our comments and check this, I wouldn't make a bug submission report just for that.
                        Nilson Lima
                        Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
                        Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/uFFSEXY

                        UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
                        supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

                        Comment


                          #87
                          That halo/outline is exactly what I was seeing in my test project. If it helps at all I have no idea what caused it, but I still have the project and it still happens.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X