How to change screenshot location?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to change screenshot location?

In my archviz, I configured a button to take a screenshot of the view, but I would like the images to be saved directly to the desktop, is it possible?

is there a documentation somewhere on how to configure such a button? I am interested in this topic because I would like to realize something like this in my projects.
    Thanks for your help and tips.
    Regards
    Last edited by cgArchitekt; 07-08-2018, 04:47 PM. Reason: troubleshooting

Comment

Originally posted by cgArchitekt View Post
      is there a documentation somewhere on how to configure such a button? I am interested in this topic because I would like to realize something like this in my projects.
      Thanks for your help and tips.
      Regards
      i will use with a keyboard entry.

Attached Files

Comment

you are very kind. Thank you for that.
        But you didn't get any more information for your original question above?
        Thank you very much and kind regards.

Comment

So, you can't set the screenshot directory from the Editor without changing the source. However, you can use a file system "trick" to create a link between the Screenshots folder in your project and another folder on your machine using the MKLINK command:
          https://www.techrepublic.com/article...-in-window-10/

So, using the command:
          Code:
          mklink /J C:\MyGame\Saved\Screenshots D:\UE4Screenshots
          creates a new "folder" called Screenshots that actually points to the D drive. You should note that you'll need to remove the existing Screenshots folder before running the command.

Cheers,
          Tom
          Last edited by Tom Shannon; 07-16-2018, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Shannon View Post
            So, you can't set the screenshot directory from the Editor without changing the source. However, you can use a file system "trick" to create a link between the Screenshots folder in your project and another folder on your machine using the MKLINK command:
            https://www.techrepublic.com/article...-in-window-10/

So, using the command:
            Code:
            mklink /J C:\MyGame\Saved\Screenshots D:\UE4Screenshots
            creates a new "folder" called Screenshots that actually points to the D drive. You should note that you'll need to remove the existing Screenshots folder before running the command.

Cheers,
            Tom
            Tanks Tom!! woks!
            Last edited by eduardo30; 07-24-2018, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X