Global Illumination in other engines [ UNIGINE ]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by enoes View Post

Lumion vs ue4 lumion very little but GI lumion 8 coming video codec is working and color grading filters. Lumion just render but ue4 is need 1080p for 4k render and raw video convert and color grading manual setting....... ue4 need improve. if lumion support alembic ,compositing map etc. ue4 crash down. I say again DXR/RTX last chance of ue4
    Man, I really dont want to be disrespectful, but could you please invest some more time in better grammar! I have an incredibly hard time understanding you in most of your posts and I end up skipping a lot of what you write not because its wrong or whatever, but because I cant really decypher what you are trying to say.

Please dont take this as an offense in any way! I would love to properly get what you mean! Also, I know that english is not as easy for everyone depending on their background.

But please take some more time to write proper sentences that can be understood I really want to get what you are saying!

Check out UNREAL 4 Lighting Academy
    https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ng-like-that-)

Comment

BTW....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2uEtCBdHyc

I just watched this video and I didnt see ANY realtime GI in it. It actually looks exactly like Unreal does with a dynamic skylight. Until the guy starts rendering out the images it has no GI and I can see noise from pathtracing.

So yeah.....not really sure how "dynamic" lumion really is

PS: feel free to show me a better video! I would love to learn!

PPS: I also found this and they all say its sort of semi realtime and looks a lot like some sort of SVOGI^^ (which was my impression from looking at it as well)
      https://corona-renderer.com/forum/in...topic=18171.15

I would really love to know what they do^^

Comment

Originally posted by Daedalus51 View Post

Man, I really dont want to be disrespectful, but could you please invest some more time in better grammar! I have an incredibly hard time understanding you in most of your posts and I end up skipping a lot of what you write not because its wrong or whatever, but because I cant really decypher what you are trying to say.

Please dont take this as an offense in any way! I would love to properly get what you mean! Also, I know that english is not as easy for everyone depending on their background.

But please take some more time to write proper sentences that can be understood I really want to get what you are saying!
        Sorry friend.
        BTW....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2uEtCBdHyc

I just watched this video and I didnt see ANY realtime GI in it. It actually looks exactly like Unreal does with a dynamic skylight. Until the guy starts rendering out the images it has no GI and I can see noise from pathtracing.

So yeah.....not really sure how "dynamic" lumion really is

PS: feel free to show me a better video! I would love to learn!

PPS: I also found this and they all say its sort of semi realtime and looks a lot like some sort of SVOGI^^ (which was my impression from looking at it as well)
        https://corona-renderer.com/forum/in...topic=18171.15

I would really love to know what they do^^
        Unreal engine game and movie create. Epic say this everytime but ue4 have not lighting system (lightmass is to useless this year). vray change anything and see preview changes 1 minute but ue4 prewiev settings render 5 maybe 10 maybe 30 minutes maybe 1 hour. This is useless.
        Real-Time dxr maybe cant work but i want to Rtx/Dxr. My card is gtx 650 ti maybe 5-10 second 1 frame render but preview lightmass long minutesss. UV maps complex geometry doesnt work (datasmith cant work detailed object UV) and ue4 killing me and other person. Thats enough. DXR last chance lighting system.
        Excuse me my grammer so sorry

Comment

I see what you mean!

Question: why do you not just buy Lumion if you prefer it so much over Unreals workflows?

I know that Lumion is expensive and Unreal is free....but if you need to make high-quality archviz and need fast preview times, you probably have enough customers to pay for Lumion.

If you dont, you should be fine with Unreal

Also, while Vray might support GPU previews now, that's still not a fully interactive environment!

How long does it take to render out a 5min archviz video from Vray with proper settings? A couple of days? (or at least more than 6h I would say)

You can bake that whole environment once for 6h and then walk through it or record ANY type of video from it in Unreal. I would say the efficiency winner here is clear

I want to say one thing: a few years ago, I was a beginner in 3D art and rendering and I didn't understand a lot of things and my experience was basically non-existent.
          However, from day one, I was always the guy screaming and requesting realtime GI and I hated on tools that didn't have any proper solutions.

Skip ahead a few years and I have shipped some of the best looking Star Wars games on the market as well as the latest Battlefield and I have to say one thing again:

I was a **** noob and super wrong with a lot of the things I said or thought! Lightmass is outdated, I agree on that. We need better preview options, I agree with that!

However, Lightmass is still an incredible tool that allows you to get stunning quality at acceptable times if you know what you do

I don't see these guys complaining at all:

https://www.artstation.com/rabellogp

https://ue4arch.com/

They just build one amazing thing after another and sell it successfully

Maybe we should chill out a bit and improve our own skills or invest in better hardware (your card is very old, so better get a new one than complain that its slow^^)

It just feels a bit like some people want Epic to compensate for their own lack of skill/equip sometimes. It's like my dad telling me he doesn't know how his computer works because he has someone who takes care of it for him and as soon as **** breaks he's completely lost and can't do anything. Educate yourselves and work hard and a lot of limitations will suddenly just disappear

My 2cents

Comment

I see what you mean!

Question: why do you not just buy Lumion if you prefer it so much over Unreals workflows?

I know that Lumion is expensive and Unreal is free....but if you need to make high-quality archviz and need fast preview times, you probably have enough customers to pay for Lumion.

If you dont, you should be fine with Unreal

Also, while Vray might support GPU previews now, that's still not a fully interactive environment!

How long does it take to render out a 5min archviz video from Vray with proper settings? A couple of days? (or at least more than 6h I would say)

You can bake that whole environment once for 6h and then walk through it or record ANY type of video from it in Unreal. I would say the efficiency winner here is clear

I want to say one thing: a few years ago, I was a beginner in 3D art and rendering and I didn't understand a lot of things and my experience was basically non-existent.
            However, from day one, I was always the guy screaming and requesting realtime GI and I hated on tools that didn't have any proper solutions.

Skip ahead a few years and I have shipped some of the best looking Star Wars games on the market as well as the latest Battlefield and I have to say one thing again:

I was a **** noob and super wrong with a lot of the things I said or thought! Lightmass is outdated, I agree on that. We need better preview options, I agree with that!

However, Lightmass is still an incredible tool that allows you to get stunning quality at acceptable times if you know what you do

I don't see these guys complaining at all:

https://www.artstation.com/rabellogp

https://ue4arch.com/

They just build one amazing thing after another and sell it successfully

Maybe we should chill out a bit and improve our own skills or invest in better hardware (your card is very old, so better get a new one than complain that its slow^^)

It just feels a bit like some people want Epic to compensate for their own lack of skill/equip sometimes. It's like my dad telling me he doesn't know how his computer works because he has someone who takes care of it for him and as soon as **** breaks he's completely lost and can't do anything. Educate yourselves and work hard and a lot of limitations will suddenly just disappear

My 2cents
            İf use crack lumion is be free thats all. I am working on ue4 years. Datasmith maybe a little fix but still uv is problem. maybe render to fast but working to loong. Uv material lightmass baking etc and vray render same time.
            ue4 short render but working other etc
            vray short working and long render.

Dynimic GI is not want. This is need. because I working dynamic scene but ue4 is still static. I want to changing sun position but on ue4 (truly gi) impossible. Life is more than static home. Maybe you need improve yourself

Comment

hi guys. i do some test unigine demo. just voxel probe baked takes 10 minutes on gtx 970.

Highlighted Features;

-SSAO (raytraced)
              -SSGI (raytraced)
              -SSRTGI
              -SSBevel

i just wanna say this features really good. Works well and not to much hits the FPS(ss features). If hits i just tweak the quality parameters and got acceptable fps.
              i hope epic prepare same features on UE4.2X .

and voxel probe bake . this is really usefull. no need prepare lightmaps 2nd channel.
              Last edited by Nocturness; 01-08-2019, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturness View Post
                hi guys. i do some test unigine demo. just voxel probe baked takes 10 minutes on gtx 970.

Highlighted Features;

-SSAO (raytraced)
                -SSGI (raytraced)
                -SSRTGI
                -SSBevel

i just wanna say this features really good. Works well and not to much hits the FPS(ss features). If hits i just tweak the quality parameters and got acceptable fps.

and voxel probe bake . this is really usefull. no need prepare lightmaps 2nd channel.
                Unreal should not use similar voxel technology, after all, VXGI has long been in the branch, and voxel technology was abandoned by Unreal, of course, mainly because of performance problems.

I think you need the effect that DXR can perfectly solve all the problems, including CSM shadows in your video. It still looks bad, doesn't it? Shadow, GI, AO, reflection, all these problems can not be solved by some screen space effects. I think you can expect the illusory DXR in 4.22. As far as I know, this may be the most perfect solution, and it is completely real-time. But this may require an expensive RTX graphics card.

Comment

Originally posted by 最后的馒头 View Post

Unreal should not use similar voxel technology, after all, VXGI has long been in the branch, and voxel technology was abandoned by Unreal, of course, mainly because of performance problems.

I think you need the effect that DXR can perfectly solve all the problems, including CSM shadows in your video. It still looks bad, doesn't it? Shadow, GI, AO, reflection, all these problems can not be solved by some screen space effects. I think you can expect the illusory DXR in 4.22. As far as I know, this may be the most perfect solution, and it is completely real-time. But this may require an expensive RTX graphics card.
                  i think dxr is better than voxel technology in dynamic mode
                  but what about baking mode ?

when we use voxel in baking mode
                  1 - we dont need lightmaps and object directly will import to ue4 like cryengine
                  2 - we dont need to set lightmap size for each objects
                  3 - we can have both day and night in baking mode ( currently we have lighting scenarios that is not usable at all and need twice baking )

dxr wont fix our problems with old lightmss system
                  Last edited by Farshid; 01-09-2019, 01:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturness View Post

Highlighted Features;

-SSAO (raytraced)
                    -SSGI (raytraced)
                    -SSRTGI
                    -SSBevel

i love this feature

bAYMaU63YbzNE0E_PyA3jlgOk7kTmIhngeq5lQI-1LcsTAw3CYMVEJ7LQv6K7IUBfMG3WthiYZB2KvXkr90aWWhn--jRgeQBlYWu8ekSXlj4_WJrKNEf-izQoUMpw4y-QCoojBIh (785×442)

the quality of voxel probs are good and can improve by epic dev team
                    Last edited by Farshid; 01-09-2019, 02:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 最后的馒头 View Post

ok i understand DXR RTX thing really better than these ssgi ssao ssrtgi tech but,

i just achive that quality with GTX 970. this is really old one GPU but working like a charm. rtx great but really expensive in my opinion and how many years without a good price reduction will dominate the game world? ( even 2080ti really hard the handle ..2070 2080 2060 ? )

long story short... why don't we have both? SS features and DXR.

(yes, expensive, but I ordered 2080 ti too and hello pasta world....lol)

Comment

Originally posted by Farshid View Post

i love this feature
                        yes grebbe object really pain in the *** for prepare lightmap. this is why i choose that object.

Comment

Nocturness: I assume those voxel and raytracing things will work with every GPU manufacturer?
                          tox.chat - Skype alternative
                          blender.org - 3D suite

Comment

DXR is part of DirectX and should work on any GPU that supports whatever minimum version of DirectX is required for DXR. AMD, Nvidia, and even Intel Graphics all should have support for DXR.

Comment

Originally posted by Farshid View Post

i love this feature

bAYMaU63YbzNE0E_PyA3jlgOk7kTmIhngeq5lQI-1LcsTAw3CYMVEJ7LQv6K7IUBfMG3WthiYZB2KvXkr90aWWhn--jRgeQBlYWu8ekSXlj4_WJrKNEf-izQoUMpw4y-QCoojBIh (785×442)

the quality of voxel probs are good and can improve by epic dev team
                              ı try this. voxel probe is very good.no uv just bake its wonderful. I hope epic use this. Lightmass is very old and useless but this perfect method short and easy

Comment

You guys have successfully got my attention on this (sparse?) voxel probe based thing. I may take a look into it after finishing GPULightmass's current overhaul.

Comment

Working...
                                X