Global Illumination in other engines [ UNIGINE ]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by schauk View Post
    i just came across enscape. it uses a convincing gi method, somesort of really optimized path tracing which seems to work even in vr.
    some explenation here: https://gpuopen.com/deferred-path-tracing-enscape/
    looks great and i fear, epic needs to implement a good realtime GI Solution soon, or it will be too late and they loose most of there archviz user.
    i love ue4, but we desperately need this!
    This guy is obviously clueless on what's going on

Comment

Yeah - I'm sure Epic never heard about vray, Lumion or Unity and they are absolute clueless about lighting solutions. - To everyone: I'm sure once a better solution is available it will be implemented. Meanwhile try to learn how to create good lightmaps. It's not that hard and doesn't take that long. It's semi-automated already
      www.s-dot.de/viz
      ArchViz User Interface :: UE4 Marketplace.

Comment

Originally posted by S-Dot View Post
        Yeah - I'm sure Epic never heard about vray, Lumion or Unity and they are absolute clueless about lighting solutions. - To everyone: I'm sure once a better solution is available it will be implemented. Meanwhile try to learn how to create good lightmaps. It's not that hard and doesn't take that long. It's semi-automated already
        no lightmap is very long time and complecated scene preview render is very long. Vray preview is so short time because ue4 is game engine and render flexiblty is low. Single shot is DXR.I hope ue4 dxr every people if dont ue4 is begin the destroy

Comment

Originally posted by jojo8026 View Post

This guy is obviously clueless on what's going on
          hey, don't attack me when i try to just show up some article which some of you might have missed. and i'm not talking bout lumion but enscape's "new" gi implementation, which was something new for me. of course epic knows whats going on - but they also state, that they primarily implement features which they also need for their games. i'm fine working with lightmaps and for me it would be okay doing it for some years to come, but i wouldn't say no to alternatives.
          Last edited by schauk; 01-03-2019, 05:14 PM.

Comment

There is a lot of things happening in 2019 for UE4. Next up: DXR support in 4.22. I believe some of that code is already publicly exposed in a dev-branch. The rendering team is working hard to make it as functional as possible. Don't expect everything and you won't be disappointed.
            Sr. Product Manager
            Epic Games

Comment

Originally posted by kenpimentel View Post
              There is a lot of things happening in 2019 for UE4. Next up: DXR support in 4.22. I believe some of that code is already publicly exposed in a dev-branch. The rendering team is working hard to make it as functional as possible. Don't expect everything and you won't be disappointed.
              when come 4,22 ? can you estimated time ? I can no wait for use to DXR

Comment

Thanks for the update. Can you please also share how things are going for the CPU lightmass replacement? Both are still being developed concurrently right?
                ArtStation

Comment

The real time GI solution will rely on DXR? Does that mean that only W10 users will be able to take advantage of it? And even so, wouldn't that be too expensive on most people's computers (when it comes to games)? I honestly think integrating enlighten in UE4 (and improving upon it) like Unity does would be a better solution for actual gaming. Just my grain of salt though.

Comment

No. I don't want closed sources in my our engine.
                    Unity paid a bazillion dollars for enlighten to, in the end, see people still running after alternatives, buying custom GI software from their asset store...
                    Because enlighten also needs to precompute a lot of stuff and the time saved from lightmapper you now waste trying to make that thing work.
                    | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

AMD Radeon-Rays should be integrated as it is open standard and works everywhere with every OpenCL HW
                      tox.chat - Skype alternative
                      blender.org - 3D suite

Comment

THE ONLY THING I NEED IS COMPLETE NEW LIGHTING AND RENDERING SYSTEM
                        THAT HAVE QUALITY OF VRAY AND CORONA AND HAVE UVLESS PROGRESS [ no lightmaps!!! ]

epic earn lots of money with fortnite
                        you have more money and budget than chaos group and Render Legion
                        why you cant achieve them in baked lighting in quality and simplicity
                        Last edited by Farshid; 01-06-2019, 01:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Farshid View Post

THAT HAVE QUALITY OF VRAY AND CORONA AND HAVE UVLESS PROGRESS [ no lightmaps!!! ]

You tell my thinking. Exactly same think. Dxr last chance of ue4. Lumion 8-9 crash down ue4 render quality.
                          water 3ds max modeling is 3ds max everything other app. Ue4 just render. We wait quality render just do this

Comment

You know that it took Crytek apparently around 2 years to completely rewrite the renderer and framework for Cryengine 5? These things still take time no matter how much money you have^^

Although I support your claim that a company with THAT much money as Epic should be able to find a great, if not groundbreaking solution. At least that would be something to expect with such a possibly high budget and talent
                            Check out UNREAL 4 Lighting Academy
                            https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ng-like-that-)

Comment

Originally posted by Daedalus51 View Post

You know that it took Crytek apparently around 2 years to completely rewrite the renderer and framework for Cryengine 5? These things still take time no matter how much money you have^^

Although I support your claim that a company with THAT much money as Epic should be able to find a great, if not groundbreaking solution. At least that would be something to expect with such a possibly high budget and talent
                              you are right
                              but unreal users are waiting for new lighting system since 2015 ?!
                              epic used lightmass system of udk in ue4
                              the only improvement of old system was multi bounce lighting and hdri support and intel embree and volumetric lightmap
                              we have lighting problems with artifacts and complex objects lightmaps for years !!! with unreal lightmass system
                              how long we should wait

hope some day we only import scene from 3ds max or revit ........... and build light without any difficulty without lightmap creation and without setting lightmap size for each objects

Comment

you are right
                                but unreal users are waiting for new lighting system since 2015 ?!
                                epic used lightmass system of udk in ue4
                                the only improvement of old system was multi bounce lighting and hdri support and intel embree and volumetric lightmap
                                we have lighting problems with artifacts and complex objects lightmaps for years !!! with unreal lightmass system
                                how long we should wait

hope some day we only import scene from 3ds max or revit ........... and build light without any difficulty without lightmap creation and without setting lightmap size for each objects
                                Lumion vs ue4 lumion very little but GI lumion 8 coming video codec is working and color grading filters. Lumion just render but ue4 is need 1080p for 4k render and raw video convert and color grading manual setting....... ue4 need improve. if lumion support alembic ,compositing map etc. ue4 crash down. I say again DXR/RTX last chance of ue4

Comment

Working...
                                X