Global Illumination in other engines [ UNIGINE ]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rawalanche View Post

One fascinating thing it does is that it has some dynamic mode, which does not require UVs. Even if it's prebaked, that's fine. I mean, of course, fully dynamic GI is always better, but even baked GI that's not dependent on UVs is something that feels like finally stopping carrying a giant boulder on your back.
    i prefer baking system instead of dynamic gi
    because of its quality
    but i hope one day we can baked our levels without uv unwrap and 2nd uv channel {lightmaps}
    like vray and corona . t
    Last edited by Farshid; 12-01-2018, 01:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturness View Post
      well i think need this on UE4. just prebaked lightmaps with realtime reflection probes

if we got this feature we dont need "lighting scenarios." just really low lightmaps and clusters .imagine this feature with highres lightmaps on UE4
      there you go:
      https://forums.unrealengine.com/deve...implementation

spread the word and it might just be accepted as a pull request into the engine
      Follow me on Twitter!
      Developer of Elium - Prison Escape

Comment

the good news is that we can render directly in ue4 without lightmap with vray
        Attached Files

Comment

Is it still you'll need a scene ready in your 3d app with vray then import it to Unreal and all you can do is a single frame rendered with vray?! :S

Comment

Waiting Rtx/Dxr....

Comment

Originally posted by Makigirl View Post
              Is it still you'll need a scene ready in your 3d app with vray then import it to Unreal and all you can do is a single frame rendered with vray?! :S
              we can bake all scene with vray
              but for baking with vray T need traditional lightmaps again

Comment

fully dynamic gi with lumion 9 software
                no lightmap !!!
                i dont know why epic dynamic gi {lpv} is not as powerful as this !!!
                when we put skylight and sun to movable . we cant achieve good quality

Click image for larger version

Name:	Dt8iRICXQAAQAlA.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	186.9 KB
ID:	1560524

Comment

i love ue4 for its fantastic ui and advance material editor and so many options
                  but lighting in ue4 must be updated to new technologies

hope { rtx / dxr } help us in ue4

Comment

Solution for GI must work on AMD too not only with Nvidia, but i have hope because kenpimentel gave good hints. Lets see what will come.
                    tox.chat - Skype alternative
                    blender.org - 3D suite

Comment

Originally posted by Farshid View Post
                      i love ue4 for its fantastic ui and advance material editor and so many options
                      but lighting in ue4 must be updated to new technologies

hope { rtx / dxr } help us in ue4
                      Dxr/Rtx if gameworks tooo bad. Dxr/Rtx must support engine defaults.

Comment

DXR is only exclusive to DirectX 12 and Windows 10. Any engine or GPU could support it.

Comment

Originally posted by ZacD View Post
                          DXR is only exclusive to DirectX 12 and Windows 10. Any engine or GPU could support it.
                          ─░ts amazing. Vxgi to bad because waiting gameworks branch to much bug. lumion 8 broken UE4 to arch. I hope ue4 stand up by mixed realty etc tools.

Comment

Juan Canada is there any news you can already share? Im curious whats going on...

Comment

Originally posted by ZacD View Post
                              What about people using Linux or mac os? And what about people like me who reverted to Windows 7 because Windows 10 updates kept messing things up? The new system should not be exclusive to any OS or GPU, there is no need for this.

Comment

i just came across enscape. it uses a convincing gi method, somesort of really optimized path tracing which seems to work even in vr.
                                some explenation here: https://gpuopen.com/deferred-path-tracing-enscape/
                                looks great and i fear, epic needs to implement a good realtime GI Solution soon, or it will be too late and they loose most of there archviz user.
                                i love ue4, but we desperately need this!

Comment

Working...
                                X