No announcement yet.

Global Illumination in other engines [ UNIGINE ]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know it is hard to be patient while we figure out all this complex technology. We're trying to make smart architecture decisions for technology we will use for years. The reason we would be quiet around it is that we don't want to mislead you by what we're experimenting with.
    Sr. Product Manager
    Epic Games

Comment

Originally posted by kenpimentel View Post
      I know it is hard to be patient while we figure out all this complex technology. We're trying to make smart architecture decisions for technology we will use for years. The reason we would be quiet around it is that we don't want to mislead you by what we're experimenting with.
      It's good to hear new updates from Team.

I noticed that "Architectural Visulation" forum is slightly died. Active users went somewhere or didn't intersted here. Visulation community migrated slowly.. I think they lose excitement. There is anything new about 2 years. I guess they prefer to use another softwares. If you achieve what you try to release in short time you can gather community again. I wish you can
      Here is my basic tutorials for SketchUp to Unreal.

SketchUp to Unreal Engine Tutorials

Comment

If you combine the posts on that forum with the posts on Unreal Studio forum, I think you'd see that more people than ever are working with Unreal Engine.
        Sr. Product Manager
        Epic Games

Comment

the old lightmass { with 3d and lightmap } is for last decade
          we are using rendering system witch was used in UDK and UE3 not for now

in 2018 we have offline baked renderers like vray and corona and redshift with impressive quality and easy workflow
          unigine developers team removed lightmap creating process for their users so they simply import their objects and baked them
          but in ue4 we are under pressure for creating complex objects lightmaps for something like bed with two many polygons

in offline renderes we dont see artifacts but ue4 old lighting system always have artifacts

thanks for your support and hope to see new lighting system {both realtime and baked } soooooooooooooooooooooooooon

Comment

Originally posted by Farshid View Post
            the old lightmass { with 3d and lightmap } is for last decade
            we are using rendering system witch was used in UDK and UE3 not for now

in 2018 we have offline baked renderers like vray and corona and redshift with impressive quality and easy workflow
            unigine developers team removed lightmap creating process for their users so they simply import their objects and baked them
            but in ue4 we are under pressure for creating complex objects lightmaps for something like bed with two many polygons

in offline renderes we dont see artifacts but ue4 old lighting system always have artifacts

thanks for your support and hope to see new lighting system {both realtime and baked } soooooooooooooooooooooooooon

I don't know Farshid, I feel more like vray and coroner is last gen. In unreal it's more about how FAST you can render with the best quality. It's a bit of an unfair comparison when those other render engines take unlimited time.
            www.s-dot.de/viz
            ArchViz User Interface :: UE4 Marketplace.

Comment

Originally posted by S-Dot View Post

I don't know Farshid, I feel more like vray and coroner is last gen. In unreal it's more about how FAST you can render with the best quality. It's a bit of an unfair comparison when those other render engines take unlimited time.

in both offline and ue4 we baked the scene
              for both of them we use cpu power and our time
              why the result must be different ?

today is generation of cutting edge graphics and ue4 must be leader

Comment

Originally posted by kenpimentel View Post
                Yes I understand. I think the dynamic lights performance issues should be adressed for dynamic GI to perform properly. As far as I know the dynamic lights duplicate every objects they hit, hence the radical performance loss. Now I don't know how that stuff works but could there be another way to make these dynamic lights work without having to duplicate geometry?

Comment

My prediction is that they are going to combine GPU ray tracing with virtual textures to dynamically generate lightmaps on-the-fly. With virtual texture-based lightmaps, you can ray trace into just the visible texels of the lightmap, and progressively into nearby occluded texels. I bet they can do this at interactive rates. Maybe this kind of stuff could be done in-game, for open world games and procedurally generated ones.

I'm crazy excited that virtual textures are making it into the engine. I do research around texture synthesis and this has really exciting applications for that.

Comment

any news about new lighting system ?

Comment

unigine : The Voxel GI system which doesn’t require UV mapping received very positive feedback from our users. And now it has become even more flexible and convenient to use.

You can bake lighting from different types of light sources into separate Voxel Probes and blend them in any combination.You can create a room with several lights inside and light coming from the outdoor environment or implement night-time illumination for a factory and turn the lights on and off arbitrarily almost at no performance cost, without a single standard light source.

==================

they say they received very positive feedback from their users

i am sure if epic create similar lighting system will received positive feedback from us from ue4 users

i this case we can have both night and day pre baked system

and we can import objects directly from 3d app and no more time wasted more creating 2nd channel lightmap

Comment

any news about new lightmass or baking system ?

Comment

Originally posted by Farshid View Post
                          i this case we can have both night and day pre baked system
                          You can do this already with lighting scenarios.
                          www.s-dot.de/viz
                          ArchViz User Interface :: UE4 Marketplace.

Comment

well i think need this on UE4. just prebaked lightmaps with realtime reflection probes

if we got this feature we dont need "lighting scenarios." just really low lightmaps and clusters .imagine this feature with highres lightmaps on UE4

Comment

Unity uses Enlighten, which is not a good solution, it still requires lightmaps and the only advantage it has is that you can animate lights

Comment

Originally posted by darthviper107 View Post
                                Unity uses Enlighten, which is not a good solution, it still requires lightmaps and the only advantage it has is that you can animate lights
                                One fascinating thing it does is that it has some dynamic mode, which does not require UVs. Even if it's prebaked, that's fine. I mean, of course, fully dynamic GI is always better, but even baked GI that's not dependent on UVs is something that feels like finally stopping carrying a giant boulder on your back.
                                https://www.artstation.com/artist/rawalanche

Comment

Working...
                                X