No announcement yet.

Global Illumination in other engines [ UNIGINE ]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazing news!! So excited to hear about upcoming improvements to Lightmass .
    [WIP] Procedural City Generator | RPG AI
    [MARKETPLACE] Animal Behavior Kit | Space Shooter Template | Procedural Foliage Tool | Procedural Park
    [FREE] Modular Road Tool | Action Platformer Template | Radar BP | Free Birds
    Join our Discord

Comment

Originally posted by BrUnO XaVIeR View Post
      I honestly hope he isn't talking about RTX...
      Wouldn't be very surprised too if they completely rebuild the whole lighting system; Epic is no afraid of crazy stunts like that lol
      Why are you hating on RTX you should be excited and grateful that Epic wants to put it in the engine

Comment

Originally posted by kenpimentel View Post

Bigger. Just want to say that we've staffed up a team just on Lightmass and you'd be pretty impressed by the caliber of people on that team. I'm sure we'll reveal more when the time is right. Just wanted you to know that this is now a "thing".
        how many years until the offical announcement

Comment

Originally posted by jojo8026 View Post

Why are you hating on RTX you should be excited and grateful that Epic wants to put it in the engine
          Maybe because I won't ship any game using that like... Ever?!
          I don't even know if I'm still alive when RTX in games becomes a reality.
          | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

They are working together:
            https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/b...validated=true
            " Epic Games has partnered with NVIDIA to support their newly revealed RTX technology via the DXR API to bring these features to Unreal Engine 4 in order to run ray tracing on the GPU. Epic and NVIDIA will share more information about this on Wednesday (see below). "

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3ue35ago3Y < some say 4-5 yrs- feel free to read other opinions...not so much 2040 LOL
            Solo but Seismic - feel free to apply
            https://neighborlee1.wixsite.com/theheartseed

Comment

Originally posted by jojo8026 View Post

how many years until the offical announcement
              You mean how many months? Honestly don't know, the team needs to spend months just making a plan. We've been working with them to define what is needed from the enterprise side of things (architecture, product visualization, non-game workflows). They are in requirements gathering mode and talking to various customers. This isn't the sort of thing you want them to rush...
              Sr. Product Manager
              Epic Games

Comment

You mean how many months? Honestly don't know, the team needs to spend months just making a plan. We've been working with them to define what is needed from the enterprise side of things (architecture, product visualization, non-game workflows). They are in requirements gathering mode and talking to various customers. This isn't the sort of thing you want them to rush...

So they are still in the BRD phase not even at the FRD... sounds like a long way out.
                But welcomed anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Bladerskb View Post

So they are still in the BRD phase not even at the FRD... sounds like a long way out.
                  But welcomed anyway.
                  Don't know what those words mean but that is why I meant years not months lol as Epic takes forever to decide things so yeah, I am guessing by 2020 if we are lucky

Comment

Then we have quite an opportunity to surprise and delight you.
                    Sr. Product Manager
                    Epic Games

Comment

Bigger. Just want to say that we've staffed up a team just on Lightmass and you'd be pretty impressed by the caliber of people on that team. I'm sure we'll reveal more when the time is right. Just wanted you to know that this is now a "thing".
                      Thanks for posting here. I'm really excited which route they will take with Lightmass. I'd love to see more realtime features in the near future.

Comment

I hate this kind of teasing :-) LOL . Great job - really looking forward to lightmass improvements! I wonder why it is not mentioned in the roadmap.

Comment

We did announce Lightmass development here at Unreal Academy, so it is officially public now. We didn't put out a lot of details, but it is a priority and there is a team dedicated to it. Stay tuned.
                          Sr. Product Manager
                          Epic Games

Comment

We did announce Lightmass development here at Unreal Academy, so it is officially public now. We didn't put out a lot of details, but it is a priority and there is a team dedicated to it. Stay tuned.
                            Good news. Will there be there a place to keep track of the lightmass development?

Comment

Eventually. I think it might be OK to reveal that Juan Canada is involved. If you don't know who he is, do a google search...
                              Sr. Product Manager
                              Epic Games

Comment

Looks like Unigine solved the "overheating" issue. that demo used to cause gpu go up to 90°
                                | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

Working...
                                X