Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Global Illumination in other engines [ UNIGINE ]

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Deep G-Buffers for Stable Global Illumination 2016
    https://research.nvidia.com/sites/de...ded-bright.pdf

    Global illumination for static and dynamic objects using light probes 2016
    http://www.cse.chalmers.se/~uffe/xjo..._thesis_v2.pdf

    Comment


      Comparing 3D-Clipmaps and Sparse Voxel Octrees for voxel based conetracing 2018
      http://kth.diva-portal.org/smash/get...FULLTEXT01.pdf

      High Resolution Sparse Voxel DAGs 2013
      http://www.cse.chalmers.se/~uffe/Hig...eVoxelDAGs.pdf

      Last edited by Farshid; 01-15-2019, 07:57 AM.

      Comment


        Comparing a Clipmap to a Sparse Voxel Octree for Global Illumination 2017
        https://erkaman.github.io/img/master...thesis_101.pdf

        Past, Present and Future Challenges of Global Illumination in Games 2017
        https://www.slideshare.net/colinbb/p...om_action=save
        Last edited by Farshid; 01-15-2019, 08:01 AM.

        Comment


          Real-time screen space reflections and refractions using sparse voxel octrees 2015
          http://lup.lub.lu.se/student-papers/...le/5384547.pdf

          Many-Light Real-Time Global Illumination using Sparse Voxel Octree 2015
          https://web.wpi.edu/Pubs/ETD/Availab...icted/csun.pdf
          Last edited by Farshid; 01-15-2019, 09:32 AM.

          Comment


            Efficient Ray Tracing of Sparse Voxel Octrees on an FPGA 2012
            https://brage.bibsys.no/xmlui/bitstr...pdf?sequence=1

            Comment


              I just scanned through the dev-rendering branch on GitHub and discovered some Path and Ray Tracing stuff. Also found Screen Space Denoising in there, which maybe could be used for Ray Tracing scalability. Very interesting stuff for sure. Can't wait for 4.22.

              It would be nice to have Juan Canada reporting on some news here. But I think they want to keep the tension for the upcoming official release...

              Comment


                Originally posted by DennG View Post
                I just scanned through the dev-rendering branch on GitHub and discovered some Path and Ray Tracing stuff. Also found Screen Space Denoising in there, which maybe could be used for Ray Tracing scalability. Very interesting stuff for sure. Can't wait for 4.22.

                It would be nice to have Juan Canada reporting on some news here. But I think they want to keep the tension for the upcoming official release...
                i think they refer to dynamic lighting and dxr which dont work with 10series gpu !!!
                and we dont have important update for lightmass in 4.22
                Last edited by Farshid; 01-16-2019, 07:01 AM.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Farshid View Post

                  i think they refer to dynamic lighting and dxr which dont work with 10series gpu !!!
                  and we dont have important update for lightmass in 4.22
                  How do you know that we wont have updates for lightmass in 4.22. I read somewhere that there are going to be a lot changes on the rendering side of the engine. I hoped that they will implement the final version of the GPU lightmass that Luoshuang has created.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by NasteX View Post

                    How do you know that we wont have updates for lightmass in 4.22. I read somewhere that there are going to be a lot changes on the rendering side of the engine. I hoped that they will implement the final version of the GPU lightmass that Luoshuang has created.
                    we have only one topic about dxr in rendering section
                    no one speaking about new lightmass

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Nocturness View Post
                      guys
                      something gorgeous coming!




                      everytime open the engine this error shows
                      as i say dxr is better than lpv
                      but its not useful for archviz

                      archviz need highest quality

                      Comment


                        HOPE to bake lighting in ue4 without lightmaps in ue4 LIKE UNIGINE






                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Farshid View Post
                          HOPE to bake lighting in ue4 without lightmaps in ue4 LIKE UNIGINE
                          l don't think you can "bake' lighting without lightmaps. Where does it bake to? It has to be dynamic then.
                          www.s-dot.de/viz
                          ArchViz User Interface :: UE4 Marketplace.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by S-Dot View Post

                            l don't think you can "bake' lighting without lightmaps. Where does it bake to? It has to be dynamic then.
                            they have other technology to bake named [ voxel probs ]
                            Last edited by Farshid; 01-30-2019, 04:28 AM.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by S-Dot View Post

                              l don't think you can "bake' lighting without lightmaps. Where does it bake to? It has to be dynamic then.
                              I suggest you read about Unigine. It has some very impressive features - it's landscape system is incredible, native support for GIS data is a killer feature in my eyes.

                              https://developer.unigine.com/en/dev...26-unigine-2.7

                              Comment


                                This voxel-based stuff looks awesome and seem to perform good enough for current platforms. I hope Epic is not working on Raytracing exclusively, since current tech is not ready for it yet.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X