Global Illumination in other engines [ UNIGINE ]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Global Illumination in other engines [ UNIGINE ]

pretty neat, only thing missing is rendering time for scenes.

Comment

Lumeryard engine has it too , and the only thing IC for UE4 is something about enlighten, but to'wait' for something far far better than that from epic themselves...I'ts been exhausting 4m just trying to get player to STOP falling through terrrain in 3 places--not good!, so I"m considering LY- anyway to LY GI, - https://aws.amazon.com/lumberyard/gettingstarted/ -

Using Total Illumination

Let's get our Global Illumination set up so that we can customize the lighting cast by the Sun for a more realistic rendering of our scene.

I"ve seen far more extensive setups on Youtube I belive but this gets things going it seems.

I've very much enjoyed using UE4, but not being able to rely on solid stable character flow in game is a non starter, and I've asked over and over, and nobody seems to care to fix it or give me , ways to fix it,,,a way to update the coll. mesh would prob. be a good start but I can't find anything about it.

later

Solo but Seismic - feel free to apply
      https://neighborlee1.wixsite.com/theheartseed

Comment

Lot's of activity around Lightmass these days. I think you're going to like where we're headed.
        Sr. Product Manager
        Epic Games

Comment

ty ken on that )_ ( I never doubted)

I wanted to correct something right away which I did elsewhere, but forgot about this post,,,I did 'figure out' player falling through terrain, and sadly it was my fault something I didn't see coming

I had sadly left a area of invisibility ( brush + BP edit), thinking it would go away after I chose opaque setting in BP area-- def. doesn't

I did shift + w/invisibility brush , awesome, and put it back to opaque, and no more fffffffalling lol

Case closed on this one- hope others see, and hope it helps someone else who may have in the scury of game dev to fix theirs too.

TY so much for all you do epic for game dev'ing.
          glj
          Solo but Seismic - feel free to apply
          https://neighborlee1.wixsite.com/theheartseed

Comment

Originally posted by kenpimentel View Post
            Lot's of activity around Lightmass these days. I think you're going to like where we're headed.
            Are you referring to Luoshuang's GPU lightmass or something truly interactive like the GPU progressive lightmappers from Unity and Frostbite?
            ArtStation

Comment

I would love to be able to manually define the bounds of voxel lightmaps. Currently you have to set a single resolution for the entire level, which leads to either bad lighting in detailed areas, or unnecessary memory costs in open areas.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Distiller View Post

Are you referring to Luoshuang's GPU lightmass or something truly interactive like the GPU progressive lightmappers from Unity and Frostbite?
                Bigger. Just want to say that we've staffed up a team just on Lightmass and you'd be pretty impressed by the caliber of people on that team. I'm sure we'll reveal more when the time is right. Just wanted you to know that this is now a "thing".
                Sr. Product Manager
                Epic Games

Comment

That's fantastic news, thanks for sharing!
                  ArtStation

Comment

I honestly hope he isn't talking about RTX...
                    Wouldn't be very surprised too if they completely rebuild the whole lighting system; Epic is no afraid of crazy stunts like that lol
                    | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

RTX efforts are separate from what I'm talking about. Both are happening.
                      Sr. Product Manager
                      Epic Games

Comment

Bigger. Just want to say that we've staffed up a team just on Lightmass and you'd be pretty impressed by the caliber of people on that team. I'm sure we'll reveal more when the time is right. Just wanted you to know that this is now a "thing".
                        Sorry about my possible ignorance but are you talking about some form of real time solution that doesn't require baking? Big news if so.

Comment

I'm not the one to go into technical details. We'll release more info when we can.
                          Sr. Product Manager
                          Epic Games

Comment

Oh Dear, so glad to hear Lightmass is getting worked on :3
                            LinkedIn | Link custom Shaders in 4.21/4.22/4.23 | Atmosphere Modelisation | Distance Matching Locomotion | Nvidia GameWorks builds - 4.19.2 : VXGI2.0, Blast, HairWorks, Flow - Plugins: VictoryBP

Comment

I'm not the one to go into technical details. We'll release more info when we can.
                              Alright then. I'm really excited for all of this!

Comment

Working...
                              X