Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Masterthesis Leopoldstädter Tempel (Great Temple of Vienna)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Masterthesis Leopoldstädter Tempel (Great Temple of Vienna)

Hi, i'd like to show you my architectural masterthesis, a reconstruction of the largest synagogue of vienna (austria), which was destroyed by the nazis in 1938.
    It features a virtual museum, where i explain things about the synagogue, how the reconstruction was done etc.
    but the main feature is the virtual tour/visit of the Tempelgasse (alley in front of the temple) & the temple itself, where you can find different point of interests, such as cameras, which show interesting informations & historical documents.
    i've implemented three different input modes: VR, tablet-mode and mouse control.
    hopefully it acts as a reminder to never forget the terrors of the nazi-regime.

Andreas Schaukowitsch
    www.schauk.at
    Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	297.8 KB ID:	1448253Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	551.2 KB ID:	1448258
    Last edited by schauk; 03-22-2018, 08:45 AM.

Hey,
    Congratulations on the interesting and beautiful work.
    Looks really good -- must have been a lot of energy!

Comment

thanks mate =) yeah it took around one year to get it finished. the assets were done relativitely quickly (although i had to optimize a Archicad-model -.-). i spent most of my time for various interactive things and getting everything polished for a museum-usecase.

Comment

That's a really awesome project. I really like how you blended the visualization with historical documents.
        I could definitely see this being used in a museum.
        My Porfolio

Comment

[Update]
          some pics of the virtual museum

Comment

Working...
          X