Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beginner here... What am I doing wrong with lighting/building?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beginner here... What am I doing wrong with lighting/building?

Hello,

I'm very much a beginner trying to teach myself the ins and outs of Unreal. I followed a tutorial on the learn tab teaching me how to make an office building. I took that and started building something that was recognizable to me (my apartment) and after finishing everything and putting a ceiling to everything I ran into this issue with the lighting. The lines are where the different box brushes are that I used to make the apartment walls. I'm not sure if I'm just lighting something wrong or if I'm building my locations wrong. I spent some time searching trying to find out what was wrong but never quite found the same issue.
    I used boxes for each of the walls and then edited them by either using geometry editing or just plugging in numbers for the x/y/z Same area as the first but opposite side

• replied
    Thank you so much. I thought that it might be something like that so last night I changed all of that. I still had little issues when I used a material subtractive (for doorways) I really appreciate the help.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You need to make surfaces out of a single object rather than many objects, the lighting gets processed on each object separately and there's going to be a difference in lighting between them, you can hide that lighting difference in a corner but if you make a surface out of multiple objects then you'll see the difference between them very clearly. Also, by making simple objects out of multiple objects you lower performance because each object increases the number of draw calls.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X