Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal Studio is Launched and available! (new dedicated forum section)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First of all, awesome tool!

I was wondering if we can use the Datasmith import tool on runtime?

Thx!

Comment

solved , i could install 4.19

Comment

Click on Engine Versions "+" and select 4.19.
        Sr. Product Manager
        Epic Games

Comment

Question!
          I can't seem to find where to download the Turbosquid ArchViz Scene used in the video Tutorials.
          Can you please post a link?
          Thanks for your help.

Comment

I don't know that we can provide a Turbosquid scene to everyone. Did it say that we could? chrismmurray_EG might clarify.
            Sr. Product Manager
            Epic Games

Comment

Is Unreal Studio available for both Windows and Mac?

Comment

Only Windows right now, but we're looking into what we need to do for Mac support. As you probably know, the engine is already available on the Mac.
                Sr. Product Manager
                Epic Games

Comment

Need help before November to decide.
                  1.¿It will be a way to import BIG SCENES from Maya to Unreal Studio with Datasmith?? (Maya 2016 > Datasmith > Unreal Studio)
                  2. From the papers&tutorials i readed that Unreal-Game-Scene MUST be converted to Unreal-Studio-Scene.. In this case, ¿could be exported to the Game Scene after, or are they incompatible??
                  3. We loose a lot of time exporting FBX from Maya to Unreal when building big environments. ¿¿¿Is there a way to use the Live Link Plugin(I think it comes only with standard UE4.19) with Maya non-characters objects???

Thanks in advance.

Comment

re: big scenes
                    Datasmith already handles scenes with 20,000+ objects and 100M+ polygons, it does assume you have a computer with at least 32Gb for something like that. When we build the Maya version, it should be same capability.

re: game scene?
                    You don't have to perform anything special related to using data created by Datasmith. It is just a UE4 asset like all other UE4 assets. You cannot use a source-code compiled version of the engine, if that is what you mean. Datasmith only works with the binary we release.

re: new Maya Live Link
                    That only works with animation data AFAIK.
                    Sr. Product Manager
                    Epic Games

Comment

I do like the Unreal Studio /w Datasmith setup, it will make things easier to work with.
                      But what about animation?

We often import CAD data into our 3D application for cleanup, grouping parts and animation.
                      After that it's shading, rendering and the likes.

How would Studio/Datasmith deal with this? Can I somehow link animation to the parts imported with Datasmith? If so, that would be very interesting.

Anyone can shed some light on this, as I couldn't find any information on this in the docs or otherwise.

cheers!

rob

Comment

Originally posted by PaoY View Post
                        This is what I have been waiting for so long. Can we get a full tutorial course on how to use the datasmith? Just want to make sure we don't missed any steps...
                        Thanks ahead.
                        Did you miss the whole Learning section we created? https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/video-tutorials
                        Sr. Product Manager
                        Epic Games

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Wu View Post
                          I do like the Unreal Studio /w Datasmith setup, it will make things easier to work with.
                          But what about animation?

Working on animation support. It is a lot trickier than static geometry.
                          Sr. Product Manager
                          Epic Games

Comment

I can imagen
                            Cheers for the headsup, will keep a close eye on all this.

And just saw V-Ray for Unreal as well. Exiting times!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jojo8026 View Post

Real Time GI LOLOLOLOL When Pigs Fly
                              more like when a octo tesla card setup is affordable. Right now you have to be a billionaire.

Comment

Hi all,
                                I have tried to install the studio version, but it asks for another installer during install, EpicGamesLauncherInstaller-2.7.2-2784597.msi. I can't find that anywhere on the internet, and places that do seem to have it, don't seem to be very legit. So the Studio-installer tells me that the files can't be installed and closes...

But I seem to have Datasmith installed as a plugin for 4.19...

But once I start up 4.19 and am in the editor, it still looks like a regular install.
                                Under plugins, all the datasmith plugins are greyed out.
                                So I don't seem to have Studio?

I have downloaded EpicInstaller-7.7.0-enterprise-429a034782f14db9818f57430be13e1f.msi
                                from the mail I got from Unreal studio (UnrealStudio@unrealengine.com) and the file is 31544 KB in size.
                                Seems legit to me, but the installer doesn't seem to work for me.
                                Any help?

Rob

Comment

Working...
                                X