Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal Engine İs Dying?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    We are all technically dying...

    Comment


      #17
      Disagree. For the first time I can do animation! All my renders have been stills from maxwell render, thea,vray,brazil rs [i know dead lol] and my current favorite and affortable Fstorm. Dince i am limited to 4 cores at about 3ghz, animation is impossible unless I let it cook for years. Even a 5 second fumes fx flame takes 14 hours. But with unreal, i can bake for 3 hours and do unlimted instand animations! I do archviz so its soo helpfull. Best part, its FREE. And if you master the material nodes, you can push out nearly close vray quality. Here is my 2nd interior using UE, took me about 4 months to actually learn it and do this interior render animation.

      https://youtu.be/0NW1BbShCHo

      Comment


        #18
        ok ok i understand ue4 its perfect..
        but some features is missing exaple:
        stereo cinematic.
        super sampling AA
        Dynamic GI

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by enoes View Post
          ok ok i understand ue4 its perfect..
          but some features is missing exaple:
          stereo cinematic.
          super sampling AA
          Dynamic GI
          for dynamic gi you can use LPV [bad] or nVIDIA VXGI [not bad but not so good!! not perfect productional] ... my preferred method is static baking + awesome VLM!! awesome quality for any situation.
          stereo cinematic can be done in 4.19 or 4.20 :]
          super sample aa IS IMPOSSIBLE :/ you can use awesome TemporalAA with Ghosting feature!! some people implement SMAA and TAA antighosting methods but not productional and these are only on test phase!!
          Last edited by dvd.kh; 01-12-2018, 09:40 AM.

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by dvd.kh View Post

            for dynamic gi you can use LPV [bad] or nVIDIA VXGI [not bad but not so good!! not perfect productional] ... my preferred method is static baking!! awesome quality for any situation.
            stereo cinematic can be done in 4.19 or 4.20 :]
            super sample aa IS IMPOSSIBLE :/ you can use awesome TemporalAA with Ghosting feature!! some people implement SMAA and TAA antighosting methods but not productional and these are only on test phase!!
            vxgi is problem is performance, its useless, must support old card.
            maybe vxgi its enough (vxgi map size up)
            i tell supersampling, example iclone set supersampling 3x3 versus ue4:5k and undersampling (video)
            picture is 1080p iclone and ue4. ue4 aa its terrible
            ue4 have a screen percentage but screen percentage not affect aa
            set temporal aa or tonemap sharpness ohh its terrible plus because if set sharp knurl or very soft its blur.
            smaa or txaa like a gameworks so external solution
            vxgi its external solution

            i test other programs out video its everything ok.
            ue4 more faster but big file and if you need 1080p video 2160p out and downsampling and video need convert, small and lossless quality, video converter need a time.
            out big resolution downsampling etc .ue4 not faster anymore. and more tire people.
            maybe need 4k video need oh no need 6k output but 5k 6k video its ue4 shutdown.

            iclone 7 test 1080p 3x3 supersampling this mean 3240p video its ok works stable. and video out and share not need any convert
            ue4 max 4k 3840x2160

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by enoes View Post

              vxgi is problem is performance, its useless, must support old card.
              maybe vxgi its enough (vxgi map size up)
              i tell supersampling, example iclone set supersampling 3x3 versus ue4:5k and undersampling (video)
              picture is 1080p iclone and ue4. ue4 aa its terrible
              ue4 have a screen percentage but screen percentage not affect aa
              set temporal aa or tonemap sharpness ohh its terrible plus because if set sharp knurl or very soft its blur.
              smaa or txaa like a gameworks so external solution
              vxgi its external solution

              i test other programs out video its everything ok.
              ue4 more faster but big file and if you need 1080p video 2160p out and downsampling and video need convert, small and lossless quality, video converter need a time.
              out big resolution downsampling etc .ue4 not faster anymore. and more tire people.
              maybe need 4k video need oh no need 6k output but 5k 6k video its ue4 shutdown.

              iclone 7 test 1080p 3x3 supersampling this mean 3240p video its ok works stable. and video out and share not need any convert
              ue4 max 4k 3840x2160
              yup ... as i mentioned before unity is better than unreal in video rendering as default!!
              but unreal is better than unity ... for enterprise teams ;]

              P.S: screen percentage and tonemapper sharpness are too buggy on movie capture!! specifically on UHD-4K or 8K sizes :[
              Last edited by dvd.kh; 01-12-2018, 10:10 AM.

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by dvd.kh View Post

                yup ... as i mentioned before unity is better than unreal in video rendering as default!!
                but unreal is better than unity ... for enterprise teams ;]

                P.S: screen percentage and tonemapper sharpness are too buggy on movie capture!! specifically on UHD-4K or 8K sizes :[
                long time using unreal, dont want chance

                Comment


                  #23
                  Also... Ive seen the unity vs epic comparison interior on yt, hands down Epic looks better. We are about to enter the 8k screen as the new standart. Wonder if it will be implemented.

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by enoes View Post

                    long time using unreal, dont want chance
                    i'm just curios about nVIDIA AGAA!! ;]
                    seems that its specially AA method for films! (and in unreal)

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Originally posted by dvd.kh View Post

                      i'm just curios about nVIDIA AGAA!! ;]
                      seems that its specially AA method for films! (and in unreal)
                      how use AGAA or ssaa

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Originally posted by enoes View Post

                        how use AGAA or ssaa
                        currently you can't!!

                        but its very simple ... just like switching between TAA to FXAA ;]

                        Comment


                          #27
                          ssaa i found 2015 year topic
                          i think understand agaa its new but for ssaa taa switch fxaa. its true

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Originally posted by enoes View Post
                            for ssaa taa switch fxaa. its true
                            nope ...
                            SSAA means supersampling AA means Screen Percentage in UE ... inside postprocess settings ...

                            TAA and FXAA and MSAA and SMAA and AGAA and CSAA and CMAA and TXAA and MLAA and MFAA and other AA are methods for anti-aliasing :]
                            Last edited by dvd.kh; 01-13-2018, 08:52 AM.

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Originally posted by dvd.kh View Post

                              nope ...
                              SSAA means supersampling AA means Screen Percentage in UE ... inside postprocess settings ...

                              TAA and FXAA and MSAA and SMAA and AGAA and CSAA and CMAA and TXAA and MLAA and MFAA and other AA are methods for anti-aliasing :]
                              i use screen percentage post proces but aa its not change.

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Originally posted by enoes View Post

                                i use screen percentage post proces but aa its not change.
                                as i mentioned before ... tonemapper sharpen and SSAA are too buggy on movie capturing ...
                                if you have ue 4.19 , you can be able to see SSAA affect on editor too ... but same problem on movie capturing :/

                                Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	24.8 KB ID:	1412665
                                Last edited by dvd.kh; 01-13-2018, 10:03 AM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X