Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Summer House - Interior & Exterior

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Summer House - Interior & Exterior

    This is the most ambitious project that I've made in UE4 so far, and its been quite the learning experience. A playable demo of this scene is in progress, and will be ready for download soon if anyone is curious enough to explore the house and property themselves.


    I would love to get some feedback, let me know what you think!

    #2
    download is up https://goo.gl/6nXufT

    You can walk (or run) around the property among other things. Available in .zip or installer. It's not that easy, but try to find all the secrets. Would be great to get some feedback on this project thanks!

    Comment


      #3
      more screenshots here https://www.artstation.com/artwork/gQ1Ke

      Comment


        #4
        Cool. You modeled everything yourself?

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by RekRok View Post
          Cool. You modeled everything yourself?
          Not everything, for time efficiency reasons. Some of the smaller items and foliage are from the marketplace. The models from 3rd party sites like cgtrader had to be heavily modified to work properly inside UE4.

          Comment


            #6
            amazing job!! love it, lighting is amazing, do you mind sharing your settings?

            Comment


              #7
              so i downloaded the playable version, you need to fix the collisions and try to make the front door open/close

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Marty-TDK View Post
                so i downloaded the playable version, you need to fix the collisions and try to make the front door open/close
                Thanks for the kind words, Marty. I am considering updating it to 4.18, if I do I will fix the collisions, change the LUT and add some tessellation to materials here and there. Have you found the secret room? Hint, press (and hold, you'll know when) F to interact. I think a chicken in the back yard by the tree is missing his friend ...

                I'll post my settings soon
                Last edited by StrangeLove13; 10-26-2017, 10:54 PM.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Looks great! Lighting can improve simce ive seen some jaw dropping realistic interiors already. But you are close!

                  Comment


                    #10
                    amazing job man, and great video. only advice i have is to add more time between each camera shot to slow them down. you have some great shots there but cant fully enjoy them because it jumps to the next camera.
                    Architectural Designer

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by StrangeLove13 View Post

                      Not everything, for time efficiency reasons. Some of the smaller items and foliage are from the marketplace. The models from 3rd party sites like cgtrader had to be heavily modified to work properly inside UE4.

                      How did you do the driveway and road, did you use splines or what? Roads have always been a pain in the butt in UE4?

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by jojo8026 View Post


                        How did you do the driveway and road, did you use splines or what? Roads have always been a pain in the butt in UE4?
                        I made it using splines in 3DS Max and exported it into UE4.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X