Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coming Back with a test, prerendered ShadowMaps.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It does.

Click image for larger version

Name:	170217.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	787.0 KB
ID:	1123174

Comment

It does seem to do something with the materials roughness, but it's not accurate at all. Normally, the rougher a surface is, the more spread-out or blurred the reflection will look.
      In your case it just looks like the overlaying reflections have their opacity lowered
      My Porfolio

Comment

Yes, you are right it should be blurring it.

Comment

Nice experiment,Prun. But u could render out animations from blender's viewport with the baked lighting. No need to render every frame with cycles. Is there a reason you are using ue4? For VR or walkthroughs?
          Looked up how to turn on planar reflections-
          https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...arReflections/
          I read this but I couldn't find the Support global clip plane for Planar Reflections in the optimization section as mentioned in the documentation.
          Turns out it has been moved to the Edit > Project Settings> Rendering> Lighting section
          They should update this in the docs. Just wanted to leave this here in case someone can't find the option using 4.14
          Attached Files
          Last edited by melvixo; 02-17-2017, 10:12 PM.

Comment

planar reflections is exactly what he's using and this is the result he gets...

Comment

I know. I wanted to test it out for stuff like water and mirrors. Couldn't find where to turn it on and realized it was moved contrary to what is written in the ue4 docs. So decided to leave a note incase someone else can't find it. It might be a problem getting some subtle good irregularity roughness details for mirrors though.

Comment

Delayed...

Any ideas for a good way to implement a shadowmap like this into materials?

Click image for larger version

Name:	170309.png
Views:	1
Size:	137.3 KB
ID:	1124512

I´m trying to create a workflow using one shadowmap for each asset.

What could be better: instances, functions...?

Comment

By creating a Master material with a parameter AO texture for your shadowmaps ?
                  You can then instanciate your Master material for each asset and change the shadowmap/AO input (can also be used for all texture inputs ofc).
                  Last edited by LegendreVR; 03-13-2017, 03:57 AM.
                  Antoine Guillo, FR
                  Virtual Reality Designer
                  https://groupe-legendre.com/

Comment

This works great with ambient occlusion, shadows, color, etc. Make sure when you bake you do not bake reflection channel.. as these need to be dynamic inside of UE as the player moves around the object. I bake AO quite a bit in Vray and then apply the maps inside of UE. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZRw4m51mbI at 2:15 that scene is almost 100% baked in Vray and applied inside of UE with no lightmaps. (did this when I was first learning UE materials and lighting). Including ceiling and floor.
                    Now available on the UE Marketplace: Inventory Examine Interface -- and -- Fifty Knobs and Dials

Comment

Working...
                    X