No announcement yet.

Exterior Light Studies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing short of amazing! Just as I feel I'm improving, you come along and do this to me Those Ficus trees are still blowing my face off.

Keep it up. Look forward to the tutorials

Comment

Originally posted by eliotbnz View Post
      Nothing short of amazing! Just as I feel I'm improving, you come along and do this to me Those Ficus trees are still blowing my face off.

Keep it up. Look forward to the tutorials
      Originally posted by issam1975 View Post
      any estimation date for the tutorials please ?
      I don't want to promise anything because who knows But I really hope I can finish them before July
      Guilherme Rabello Co-founder, Sureale
      Artstation | Behance | Youtube | Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by rabellogp View Post
        I don't want to promise anything because who knows But I really hope I can finish them before July
        i hope that too and even before that

thanks and good luck anyway !

Comment

Originally posted by dvd.kh
          @rabellogp

nice work!

do you use lightmass for all of this scene or just the building?
          Thanks, man. Only buildings and landscape (the landscape mesh, not the foliage scattered over it).

Comment

great work as always. How do you manage to analyze which cost the frame rate? how do you profiling your scene? btw, which samsung device you got in the video, looks like it can handle pretty well the scene .

Comment

Best exterior lighting i have seen... congratulation bro you are the best....

Comment

Hello, guys. I've put together some footage of this project to make a video. I'm not quite happy with the rain yet, but decided it was good enough to go on with my video concept (otherwise it would never be finished =P). I've used the VFX Weather Package (from marketplace) plus the snow storm particle effects (Particle Effects content on marketplace) with some tweaks to give that rain some density. C&C are most welcome as always, mainly some tips to improve rain?

I'm getting 35~55fps at 1080p on a 980Ti. My GPU obviously couldn't handle that project in 4k so I exported the takes via Sequence export tool and put everything together + song in Premiere.
                Here are some screenshots:

Comment

congrats! the end result is impressive.

Comment

EPIC! (pun intended)

Comment

Beautiful work. That last shot is particularly stunning! =)

Project Reverie Game | SEJonF.com | Twitter | ArtStation | WIP | UE4 SciFi Assets - Season 1 & Season 2 Discount Bundles Free Asset Demo | Ice Shader

Comment

Just stunning. Love the dynamic lighting on the trees. The atmosphere looks realistic. Great work.

Comment

Wow, stunning result. Congrats! Some day I gotta dive into exterior vegetation and lighting, because it always seems to hold me back.

I think the rain drops look good on their own, but the rain gusts are a bit too extreme in my opinion. They look a bit too much like sand storms in some shots.
                          To improve that I think you should either add more extreme wind animation to match the rain, or tone down the intensity of these rain gusts
                          My Porfolio

Comment

Hello, guys. I've put together some footage of this project to make a video. I'm not quite happy with the rain yet, but decided it was good enough to go on with my video concept (otherwise it would never be finished =P). I've used the VFX Weather Package (from marketplace) plus the snow storm particle effects (Particle Effects content on marketplace) with some tweaks to give that rain some density. C&C are most welcome as always, mainly some tips to improve rain?
                            awesome quality. the lighting and the colors have this slightly pale and grainy look which resemble photos quite more than what you see usually in 3d scenes, so it gives it quite a realistic feel

I'm not selling any of my assets by now and I don't plan to do so. They are all made in SpeedTree and I'm not allowed to sell assets made in this software.
                            as you produce your own textures you could sell those and include a quick guide to the parameters you use in SpeedTree. This way you could sell it legally and buyers (requiring SpeedTree) would be able to re-create everything.
                            If you have other reasons to not sell your assets I can understand. but if it's only the SpeedTree asset license limitations, with the above method you'd certainly get quite some buyers (myself included)

I have some tutorials coming though. I had to pause them for a while for personal reasons but I'll get back to it soon.
                            looking forward to that!
                            Follow me on Twitter!
                            Developer of Elium - Prison Escape

Comment

wow cant wait till full rpg games look this good! good job man

Comment

Hi, I would like to consult why I can not put the .exr map in the skylight slot?, and if I can put a .hdr
                                Thank you very much for any reply.

Comment

Working...
                                X