Question about a lot of things :)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about a lot of things :)

Hello. This is my first post so i say something about me. My namie is Piotr and i live in Poland. I am 3d graphic designer. I create architecture visualization. Now i would like go to UE4 with my archviz. And I have a question. When you create an entire apartment or house how many polygon do you use for furniture? How big texture do you use for albedo/normal/metalnes/roughnes? For now it's all but maybe something else I remind myself. Sorry for my english

Polycount doesn't matter too much, try to keep it in the 40,000 tri range at the high end. Lots of small tris have more of a performance impact than more evenly space tris, so it's more about how you are using them, than how many there are. But that only really matters when you are looking at an interactive scene. You can really go crazy if you are just doing static images or a captured video.

2k-4k textures are the norm. If you need more detail, use tiling detail textures instead of trying to use a 16k texture for example.

Comment

Thank. Do you have good working solution for light set up?? How to set up realistic light and good settings for lightmass and not waiting weeks for bake it

Comment

lightmaps resolution, keep them as low as possible. This is the biggest factor that contributes to overly long build time imo.

Comment

Working...
        X