Root motion = no motion?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Root motion = no motion?

Want to do this:-have a NPC animated character play several animations & loop. No player input needed.

I have the skel mesh and anims, the anims all have animated Roots -- that is to say the root following the hips around but remaining on the floor.

In the Editor I can see the anim root moving & stretching a red line back to 0,0. I want the second animation to start from the last position of the first animation, not from 0,0.

Reading about root motion I EnableRootMotion - this just locks the animation to 0,0.

How to achieve what I want?

ok failing this is there a way to determine the total frames and current frame number of an animation?

Comment

Originally posted by Gibson_Martelli View Post
      Reading about root motion I EnableRootMotion - this just locks the animation to 0,0.
      Have the same problem, when EnableRootMotion character paly animation and do not move. Any idea why it can be?

Comment

After enabling rootmotion, all your character movement would be depend only on your animation.

You can try to rewrite physwalking function in charactermovement.cpp.

Or you can set root motion mode to Root Motion from Montages Only. And put your animations with rootmotion in montage.

Comment

Working...
        X