Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by motorsep View Post
    [MENTION=99119]aleks_allright[/MENTION]

Just saw "undo" popped up on Trello and I remembered one more useful feature - clear location/rotation on bones.

In Blender, for example, you can clear rotation/location/scale of any selected bones, which would put them into initial pose. Let's say you have your character lift up its leg. You keyed extreme pose and then you need to bring it back. So you can just clear rotations and the leg will be back into initial pose, where you can key it again. It would be nice if animator could define "last" pose for selected bones, so that when he clears rotations/location, instead of going into init pose, bones will go into "last" saved pose.

I have a few other useful things I have in mind
    Thank you for the advice, I am more than willing to hear your suggestions and to update my roadmap. I want it to be comfortable for animators. At this moment you can reset transformations of selected controller using the details panel. I am also working on finishing GUI and there will be an option to select all controllers and you can reset them just from the details panel. It is not a big deal to make a reset button, if it will be more comfortable than using the details panel. Soon there will be a new version with a lot of updates. I am excited to show you them but I need some more time. You can look at my roadmap to see what to expect in Allright Rig Beta 1.2.
    Last edited by Alexallright; 11-10-2016, 06:46 AM.
    Regards,
    Alexander Shatalov

Tools Programmer
    Currently working on: Allright Rig (UE4 Plugin)

Comment

I recall there was a card on Trello about using Allright Rig anims in-game. Where did it go? Is it already possible to animate characters using Allright Rig and use them in-game (including packaging game for release) ?

Is it also possible to edit existing anims in UE4? For example, I might want to do some anims in Blender, export it into UE4, then tweak and adjust them using Allright Rig and add more anims, then package the game.

Thanks.

Comment

Hey, there is a chance to update the plugin Binaries to 4.14 version of the Engine? This would be really great! By the way, thanks for this AMAZING work! It helps a lot!

Comment

This is great stuff! When will there be a version for 4.14 please?
          Unreal Meetup Franken - Unreal Engine 4 Meetup
          Hands for VR - Space HDRI Skyboxes [Marketplace]

Comment

Alex, here's my problem and I'm hoping you can point me at something to help.

I have an ART derived skeleton and a rigged mesh. And I have some animations I got off the store. Sadly, they don't... quite... mesh. Arms doing weird things, hands not quite closing so much - for example, movement animset pro works perfectly - boxing has these weird open hands. (idle conversation just does weird flappy stuff)

I'd like to try to use Allright Rig to modify these animations to work properly with my dude - but do you have any hints on how to go about it?

Thank you in advance - this will be useful to many people and possibly a toughie.

Comment

Allright Rig Beta 1.2 Released!

First off all, I would like to thank Lina Halper and Ilgar lunin for helping me to solve some difficulties, to all who gave me a thought on how to make my system better, and of course to Epic Games who gave me the possibility to keep going!

Download Allright Rig

What's new

Roadmap

PS: Sorry for not answering, guys. I had a few rough weeks, but finally I became a father and I finished this release
              Regards,
              Alexander Shatalov

Tools Programmer

Comment

Originally posted by aleks_allright View Post
                PS: Sorry for not answering, guys. I had a few rough weeks, but finally I became a father and I finished this release
                Congrats!

Does it mean development will slow down significantly ?

Comment

I recall there was a card on Trello about using Allright Rig anims in-game. Where did it go? Is it already possible to animate characters using Allright Rig and use them in-game (including packaging game for release) ?

Is it also possible to edit existing anims in UE4? For example, I might want to do some anims in Blender, export it into UE4, then tweak and adjust them using Allright Rig and add more anims, then package the game.

Thanks.
                  Hi Motorserp! Yes, yes, yes! From this moment it is absolutely possible to build games with rig animation. It is absolutely possible to edit existing animations with rig and to save them as animation assets! You could actually do it from the very first version. I tried to make maximum simple tutorial on Allright Rig 1.2. So I suggest you to try it.
                  Regards,
                  Alexander Shatalov

Tools Programmer

Comment

Congrats!

Does it mean development will slow down significantly ?
                    Thanks! Haha! I think development will go much faster now! It is already happening.
                    Regards,
                    Alexander Shatalov

Tools Programmer

Comment

Originally posted by Bolanho View Post
                      Hey, there is a chance to update the plugin Binaries to 4.14 version of the Engine? This would be really great! By the way, thanks for this AMAZING work! It helps a lot!
                      You are welcome, Bolanho! I am happy to hear it! Beta 1.2 is compiled for 4.13 and 4.14 versions.
                      Regards,
                      Alexander Shatalov

Tools Programmer

Comment

Originally posted by btengelh View Post
                        This is great stuff! When will there be a version for 4.14 please?
                        Thanks! Well, now it's here!
                        Regards,
                        Alexander Shatalov

Tools Programmer

Comment

Originally posted by Warcabbit View Post
                          Alex, here's my problem and I'm hoping you can point me at something to help.

I have an ART derived skeleton and a rigged mesh. And I have some animations I got off the store. Sadly, they don't... quite... mesh. Arms doing weird things, hands not quite closing so much - for example, movement animset pro works perfectly - boxing has these weird open hands. (idle conversation just does weird flappy stuff)

I'd like to try to use Allright Rig to modify these animations to work properly with my dude - but do you have any hints on how to go about it?

Thank you in advance - this will be useful to many people and possibly a toughie.
                          Thank you Warcabbit!
                          Well, there is no tricks. You can bake our animation to the rig, and edit it using level sequencer. Than you bake it back to anim asset.
                          I am not sure, but looks like you have some problems with animation retargeting. I would suggest you to check retargeting pose of your character and to make sure that it is the same as in skeleton for imported animations.
                          However, my rig could absolutely help you to tweak your animations.
                          Regards,
                          Alexander Shatalov

Tools Programmer

Comment

Thank you for the advice. Time to get busy.

Comment

Is it possible to make a custom rig with Daz3d characters with Allright Rig?

Comment

Originally posted by kelfire View Post
                                Is it possible to make a custom rig with Daz3d characters with Allright Rig?
                                I haven't tried yet, but if they have the same hierarchy of bones that Mannequin has it is possible.
                                Regards,
                                Alexander Shatalov

Tools Programmer

Comment

Working...
                                X