No announcement yet.

Allright Rig For Unreal Engine 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've read a bit of the documentation, but am not sure what is possible with this rig.

Can I create an animation from scratch in UE4 editor and save it as an animation asset?

WIP Thread

Comment

um hey can you make it for every character? no matter what i mean cuse i have my own 3d models that i want to use him for it

Comment

Originally posted by motorsep View Post
        How would it work if I need to animate a character on a particular object (for example crawling down the wall; or climbing over railing/fence; or climbing up on a pile of containers and howling from there) ? I guess it would be an animated sequence from which animation can break into pain or death animations or something else (if this kind of stuff possible with anims in UE4).
        You can create animation from existing anim assets and edit it as well as to create from scratch and save them into anim assets. Also answer for Rhynedahll
        Last edited by Alexallright; 10-05-2016, 06:33 AM.
        Regards,
        Alexander Shatalov

Tools Programmer
        Currently working on: Allright Rig (UE4 Plugin)

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedsterFlash View Post
          um hey can you make it for every character? no matter what i mean cuse i have my own 3d models that i want to use him for it
          You can make it for any character! My system makes possibility to create rigs and right now I need to spread this possibilities instead of making rigs for different characters.
          Regards,
          Alexander Shatalov

Tools Programmer

Comment

Originally posted by aleks_allright View Post
            You can create animation from existing anim assets and edit it as well as to create from scratch and save them into anim assets. Also answer for Rhynedahll
            Yeah, that's how it "looks" in theory. How would that work in practice?

Would I animate in 3D view of the Level Editor, where I can drag T- or A- posed skeletal mesh only wall/rock/etc. and then begin animating it?

Or would I have to bring static meshes into Persona, then bring T- or A- posed character on top of it and animate? (I don't even think it's possible to load static mesh into Persona)

Comment

Yeah, that's how it "looks" in theory. How would that work in practice?

Would I animate in 3D view of the Level Editor, where I can drag T- or A- posed skeletal mesh only wall/rock/etc. and then begin animating it?

Or would I have to bring static meshes into Persona, then bring T- or A- posed character on top of it and animate? (I don't even think it's possible to load static mesh into Persona)
              You can do everything in 3D view of the Level Editor.
              Regards,
              Alexander Shatalov

Tools Programmer

Comment

Kudos for this awesome plugin! Can I create root motion animation using Allright Rig?

Comment

Would it be possible to get in touch with Full Body IK dev https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Body-IK-Setup and make sure Allright Rig and Full body IK plugins work nicely with each other?

Comment

Would it be possible to get in touch with Full Body IK dev https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Body-IK-Setup and make sure Allright Rig and Full body IK plugins work nicely with each other?
                    Actually that plugin is for runtime interactions only, never mind.

Do you plan to implement Spline IK (for tentacles, tails, spines, etc.) to Allright Rig ?

Comment

Mind Blown right now !! ... this plugin would be a savior for me as a solo programmer ... I hope it becomes free with all the support of the community Its kinda a headache for me as i'm not very familiar to 3D s/w.

Comment

[MENTION=99119]aleks_allright[/MENTION]

Just saw "undo" popped up on Trello and I remembered one more useful feature - clear location/rotation on bones.

In Blender, for example, you can clear rotation/location/scale of any selected bones, which would put them into initial pose. Let's say you have your character lift up its leg. You keyed extreme pose and then you need to bring it back. So you can just clear rotations and the leg will be back into initial pose, where you can key it again. It would be nice if animator could define "last" pose for selected bones, so that when he clears rotations/location, instead of going into init pose, bones will go into "last" saved pose.

I have a few other useful things I have in mind

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Shoferistov View Post
                          Kudos for this awesome plugin! Can I create root motion animation using Allright Rig?
                          Sorry for not answering! Thank you very much. At this moment no, however I will add it in a new version.
                          Regards,
                          Alexander Shatalov

Tools Programmer

Comment

I would like to do some research and I will put it in my roadmap.
                            Regards,
                            Alexander Shatalov

Tools Programmer

Comment

Actually that plugin is for runtime interactions only, never mind.

Do you plan to implement Spline IK (for tentacles, tails, spines, etc.) to Allright Rig ?
                              Yes, I will also work on this. I want to implement all animation features into my system. And new version of my plugin will also work in runtime builds.
                              Last edited by Alexallright; 11-10-2016, 06:43 AM.
                              Regards,
                              Alexander Shatalov

Tools Programmer

Comment

Originally posted by XADIFY View Post
                                Mind Blown right now !! ... this plugin would be a savior for me as a solo programmer ... I hope it becomes free with all the support of the community Its kinda a headache for me as i'm not very familiar to 3D s/w.
                                It is free! I am trying to make it as simple as possible.
                                Regards,
                                Alexander Shatalov

Tools Programmer

Comment

Working...
                                X