Allright Rig For Unreal Engine 4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by motorsep View Post
    Looking at road map, I am wondering if IK/FK switch and IK to FK snapping is coming rather sooner? Kinda indispensable tools in character animation.

As for UI, is there an option to copy/paste poses (for either selected bones or whole skeleton) and mirror poses along any of the 3 axes? (for example, create half of the walk cycles poses, then simply copy/paste mirrored them for the other half)

Also wondering about 6-/8- legged character, tentacles (spline IK?!) and footsteps support.

Also, where can I buy this goodness, and how many updates to beta users get? (beyond 1.0 release that is)

Thanks
    Thank you for your questions Motorserp!
    1) Of course, it is a very good suggestion to make ik-fk snapping. I will add it to my roadmap.
    2) Copy/paste/mirror are very actual animation tools. I will also add them to the roadmap.
    3) You are able to make 6-8 legs characters right now as well as any kind of rigs. My system is a library of nodes and macroses that make it possible to create and animate character rigs in Unreal. Ofcourse it is better for users to have the final rig for a spider character for example, but to be honest I am more interested in spreading the possibilities of the system than to make some custom non-humanoid rigs. My rig asset just shows the main possibilities of the system. It is only the product of the Allright Rig system.
    4) You can download the beta here. The next version will be on the market place. I am going to put it there after i will gather some feedback and will make some fixes and updates. You can see the development stages on my roadmap board. However, I am going to make the final release around November.
    Last edited by Alexallright; 09-07-2016, 06:55 AM.
    Regards,
    Alexander Shatalov

Tools Programmer
    Currently working on: Allright Rig (UE4 Plugin)

Comment

Can't wait for the final release of 'Awesome Rig' :'D

Comment

[MENTION=99119]aleks_allright[/MENTION]

Thanks a bunch!

Looking further into the Roadmap, I see this https://trello.com/c/9HIDPylj

So at this time is it not possible to animate characters in UE4 using your plugin, use these animated characters with BP/trees and then build/deploy game to a chosen platform? (PC/consoles/Android)

Comment

i think its better to make integration of ue4's ik solution (FABRIK) with allright rig

also making an accurate foot planning system is very useful

Comment

[MENTION=99119]aleks_allright[/MENTION]

Thanks a bunch!

Looking further into the Roadmap, I see this https://trello.com/c/9HIDPylj

So at this time is it not possible to animate characters in UE4 using your plugin, use these animated characters with BP/trees and then build/deploy game to a chosen platform? (PC/consoles/Android)
            [MENTION=1680]motorsep[/MENTION]

Right now you can do all the stuff in the editor, but if you want to package the game you need to save your animations to the animation assets, disable the plugin and remove plugin content. I have shown the posiibility of using my rig at run time in the editor but I need to update my source for packaging the game. During the development I was not concentrated on building games with my rig, my goal was to make the system only for use in editor. However, it is not a very big problem to tweak my plugin for bulding games and will absolutely fix it soon. It is just the matter of time.
            Regards,
            Alexander Shatalov

Tools Programmer

Comment

Originally posted by matrix master 97 View Post
              i think its better to make integration of ue4's ik solution (FABRIK) with allright rig

also making an accurate foot planning system is very useful
              [MENTION=238293]DP Studio[/MENTION]
              You can already add FABRIK to the RigAnim animation blueprint and it will work with Allright Rig. You can use any Anim Graph nodes with my system.

About accurate foot placement I think you need to look at this thread. I really like what [MENTION=2613]darkZ[/MENTION] is doing.
              Last edited by Alexallright; 09-08-2016, 09:25 AM.
              Regards,
              Alexander Shatalov

Tools Programmer

Comment

Originally posted by aleks_allright View Post
                FACE RIG HYPE!

Sadly I cannot Purchase allright rig right now. Will be picking it up at the end of the month if everything goes to plan

Comment

While it's impressive, I think it would be nice to get all core character animation tools done (and ability to release game with Allright Rig) before going into advanced stuff (/me remembering Blender with unfinished and half working features)

Btw, did you mean to name it "Allright" with double-L or should it really be "Alright" ?

Comment

I think not only this should get DevGrants, it should be adquired by Epic and integrate it into UE4. This is indeed an epic system and an epic solution to UE4!

Comment

While it's impressive, I think it would be nice to get all core character animation tools done (and ability to release game with Allright Rig) before going into advanced stuff (/me remembering Blender with unfinished and half working features)

Btw, did you mean to name it "Allright" with double-L or should it really be "Alright" ?
                      if you're referring to the facial rig, I do think this would be an uber good solution to be included, that way we don't have to go to other apps to edit just the face...

Comment

good job!!

Comment

I absolutely agree, that first you need to make the core to work everywhere. "Allright" was my nickname a long time ago, and everything will be alright or all right
                          Regards,
                          Alexander Shatalov

Tools Programmer

Comment

Originally posted by juanjc3d View Post
                            I think not only this should get DevGrants, it should be adquired by Epic and integrate it into UE4. This is indeed an epic system and an epic solution to UE4!
                            I am ready to help with all my heart!
                            Regards,
                            Alexander Shatalov

Tools Programmer

Comment

Congrats, Aleks! I've been watching this for a while, and I am thrilled you got the DevGrant.
                              As soon as I can shake the money loose from the finance dude, I'm gonna buy the beta - might have a few questions about how to put our character onto a default UE skeleton - we have a rigged and weighted (and morph targeted) character that was supposed to be on a default skeleton - but the guy decided to use his own instead. Things never really end well that way.

Comment

Working...
                              X