Allright Rig For Unreal Engine 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gotgrassct View Post
    Also, is it possible to animate non humanoid objects, like a skeletal mesh Gun? Or a skeletal mesh Bow? or ****, even a dog maybe?
    I wanted to know this as well. Allright Rig seems to necessitates the use of the required bones of the default Unreal skeleton, anything that doesn't use them is not possible. It's the reason I can't use Allright Rig, so you might have to wait for native rig support from Epic in 4.16. Having said that, I don't know what Aleks' plans are for the full release of Allright Rig.

Comment

Amazing work!!!!!!! This is the best release by far!! No crashes, everything works as intended, and those new features are great!! However, there's still one problem: Sometimes when you rotate the hands to much, the hands do a 360 spin. This happens because one of the curves freaks out. Also, is it possible to animate non humanoid objects, like a skeletal mesh Gun? Or a skeletal mesh Bow? or ****, even a dog maybe?
      Thank you [MENTION=11539]gotgrassct[/MENTION]!
      360 and 180 flip problem is dedicated to UE rotation system. I can not do anything about it. But I hope they will update rotation system to something better soon.
      Quadrupeds and modular system I am going to add in 1.0 release.
      Regards,
      Alexander Shatalov

Tools Programmer
      Currently working on: Allright Rig (UE4 Plugin)

Comment

Originally posted by Kalcifer Kandari View Post
        I wanted to know this as well. Allright Rig seems to necessitates the use of the required bones of the default Unreal skeleton, anything that doesn't use them is not possible. It's the reason I can't use Allright Rig, so you might have to wait for native rig support from Epic in 4.16. Having said that, I don't know what Aleks' plans are for the full release of Allright Rig.
        Hi [MENTION=711630]Kalcifer Kandari[/MENTION]. To use Allright Rig you need to have at least those major bones that has default mannequin. There can be extra bones in a rig, but the main hierarchy order must be the same. The requirements are the same as for making animation copies. During the creation of the rig system will tell you in output log which bones are missed in the retarget manager.
        Regards,
        Alexander Shatalov

Tools Programmer

Comment

Originally posted by aleks_allright View Post
          Thank you [MENTION=11539]gotgrassct[/MENTION]!
          360 and 180 flip problem is dedicated to UE rotation system. I can not do anything about it. But I hope they will update rotation system to something better soon.
          Quadrupeds and modular system I am going to add in 1.0 release.
          That would be amazing. Because i have a few guns that i'd like to animate along with the character. Do you know when the marketplace version will be released? Also, congrats on becoming a dad! i'm in the process of becoming one as well lol

Comment

THIS MAKES ME HAPPY! Btw is there a way to install allright rig on a mac? I tried to simply create a new folder in my Unreal project folder and called it "Plugins", but that did not seem to work

Comment

That would be amazing. Because i have a few guns that i'd like to animate along with the character. Do you know when the marketplace version will be released? Also, congrats on becoming a dad! i'm in the process of becoming one as well lol
              Thank you! That is wonderful! Get ready for not sleeping ) Market place will probably be in the end of summer. I cant tell the exact date, I have started to work on new full length animation movie using UE, and right now I am super busy, because I am actually building the whole pipeline, and there is a bunch of work besides Allright Rig. And I have started Unreal Engine courses in Ukraine. Allright Rig will continue developing on this project. And it is very good for system.
              Regards,
              Alexander Shatalov

Tools Programmer

Comment

Originally posted by RichLee View Post
                THIS MAKES ME HAPPY! Btw is there a way to install allright rig on a mac? I tried to simply create a new folder in my Unreal project folder and called it "Plugins", but that did not seem to work
                I have not tried to build system for mac yet, but it will be in full release. I am sorry, but I have no time for this right now. Anyways, source code is free. Somebody can do this, who has experience on plugins for mac.
                Regards,
                Alexander Shatalov

Tools Programmer

Comment

Did I miss something? When did this system go from "free because of the dev grant" to only free for the beta releases?
                  I assumed the funding would at least reach to the first full release.

I'm guessing I missed a post somewhere, because no one else seems surprised?

Comment

Hi!
                    Sorry for hijacking the thread but I really carious about that feature length animation part. Can you talk about pipeline,art, budget and anything regards the decision to use ue.
                    I personally plan to use ue for a short animation.

thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Kristiamo View Post
                      Did I miss something? When did this system go from "free because of the dev grant" to only free for the beta releases?
                      I assumed the funding would at least reach to the first full release.

I'm guessing I missed a post somewhere, because no one else seems surprised?
                      Yeah, honestly is something that bothers me too
                      Last year he said
                      Allright Rig is Free!
                      As promised earlier I stated that if I received enough funding I would make the system free. A huge thanks to Epic Games now everyone can enjoy the system! I have given you a source code as well. I believe it will help the system to grow, and like someone said, " if you love something set it free".
                      When this changed?

Project OCD - Twitter - Facebook - Youtube
                      Support SFGames on Patreon!

Comment

Ok, let me explain what happened. There are a few reasons.

I already have implemented many more features than what I had intended to when I applied to the Unreal Dev Grants.

I have also gotten a lot of feedback, and some say to place the system on the market place, because it is better for system development. When you pay for something you want it to work perfect. It is my belief that when you have motivation to work on something the product is better and I have lost motivation because I am not receiving an income from my system. When I start receiving an income from it I will be much more motivated to work on it.

Epic Games has also suggested that I place it on the market place. I also wanted this system to be built into the editor however, Epic Games have made their own rigging system and I am very excited to see what it can do.

Right now I am working on a full length animation movie that will be made using Unreal Engine 4. I will get paid for developing a system for this project along with other animation stuff. I spend a lot of my time working on these projects and I have a family to take care of and need to have a source of income. I believe that my system will grow very fast while working on a big animation production.

I apologize if you are sad about it. Yes, I said that the system will be free and many of you spread the word and it helped me to get a grant. And I made it free.
                        But I hope you all will understand why I have chosen to place my system on the market place. I chose it because it is better for system development. If it continues to be free the system will not get better.
                        Last edited by Alexallright; 03-31-2017, 07:41 AM.
                        Regards,
                        Alexander Shatalov

Tools Programmer

Comment

Ok, let me explain what happened. There are a few reasons.

I already have implemented many more features than what I had intended to when I applied to the Unreal Dev Grants.

I have also gotten a lot of feedback, and some say to place the system on the market place, because it is better for system development. When you pay for something you want it to work perfect. It is my belief that when you have motivation to work on something the product is better and I have lost motivation because I am not receiving an income from my system. When I start receiving an income from it I will be much more motivated to work on it.

Epic Games has also suggested that I place it on the market place. I also wanted this system to be built into the editor however, Epic Games have made their own rigging system and I am very excited to see what it can do.

Right now I am working on a full length animation movie that will be made using Unreal Engine 4. I will get paid for developing a system for this project along with other animation stuff. I spend a lot of my time working on these projects and I have a family to take care of and need to have a source of income. I believe that my system will grow very fast while working on a big animation production.

I apologize if you are sad about it. Yes, I said that the system will be free and many of you spread the word and it helped me to get a grant. And I made it free.
                          But I hope you all will understand why I have chosen to place my system on the market place. I chose it because it is better for system development. If it continues to be free the system will not get better.
                          I have absolutely no problem with it going to the Marketplace. I'd definitely purchase it if the price is right and if some of the backlogged features are implemented.

Until then, when is the next beta release and when is the first Marketplace release?

Comment

I was wondering, is it possible to add an IK controller to the head? :3 Love Allright Rig !
                            LinkedIn | Link custom Shaders | Atmosphere Modelisation & Procedural Planets | Distance Matching Locomotion | Nvidia GameWorks builds - 4.19.2 : VXGI2.0, Blast, HairWorks, Flow - Plugins: VictoryBP

Comment

Hello
                              I am beginner in unreal engine (4.15)
                              I have bought animations (Female Movement animset and animations from MocapOnline, meeting, pedestrian walk and conversations)
                              I have character from Mixamo (mixamo, fuse or daz studio)
                              I have seen your movie tutorials on youtube and i don't understand how i have to use my animations on my characters.
                              I would like also to anime with facial animation to have a alive character.

Please can you help me ?

Comment

Originally posted by motorsep View Post
                                I have absolutely no problem with it going to the Marketplace. I'd definitely purchase it if the price is right and if some of the backlogged features are implemented.

Until then, when is the next beta release and when is the first Marketplace release?

Hi motorsep! Sorry for being quiet for a long time. I am pretty busy right now on this full animation project. Beta 1.3 is the last free version. If everything goes well full release will be in the end of this summer. And yes, I am going to implement all those features in my roadmap, that marked as "Release 1.0".
                                Last edited by Alexallright; 05-24-2017, 03:59 AM.
                                Regards,
                                Alexander Shatalov

Tools Programmer

Comment

Working...
                                X