PerceptionNeuron Unreal4 plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Hi guys, I got a error say "PerceptionNeuron: Error: Parse received data failed. Please check the server version.." How do I solve this

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Need an update to 4.22 please. It has been some time now since the last release. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    there is no update for 4.22?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    @Weibo Hello everyone! I'm running up against a problem with transform data in UE4 when attempting to use the Perception Neuron plugin.

The bones all move as they should and scale properly. However, the character moves proportional to the size of the actor, instead of scaling the amount of space moved for the body of the new model. This occurs with live streaming as well as imported BVH assets. The shorter model seems to sink into the floor when the hips lower for a jump, for example.

Is there a solution to correct this problem in Axis Neuron I am missing?
    Last edited by ysp2001; 03-08-2019, 12:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi Weibo,
    This looks great, thank you for sharing!

I am quite new to all of this so excuse me if this is a silly question. I followed Unreal's instructions to install the plugin to my project and to the engine, and encountered no problems even though on the page it specifies the plugin is for Windows but I'm using a Mac. I can see the plugin in Unreal's plugin manager, have restarted the engine, but can't see 'PerceptionNeuron (inherited)' in my Actor's details panel. I am running version 4.21.1 on MacOS Mojave 10.14.3.

Is this because of lack of Mac support, or am I doing something wrong here?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    LaJunex0 Glad to hear that you solved everything I know that feeling , I Even suggested them to correct the various version uploaded but apparently the ignored me . Good luck with your projects , cheers^^

Leave a comment:

• replied
    leadermax Hi! turns out I was using the wrong version on Perception Neuron. The one on the site is not compatible, but they sent me the right version. Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    LaJunex0 have you tried using the demo downloadable from their website ? It is a good test to make sure connection and configuration are working .
    i found out that putting the plugin into the engine source folder has the most reliable behaviour in terms of packaging and functioning (opposite to putting it into the plugins folder of the project ) .
    With 19.2 I download the demo , put the plugin into engine/plugins folder , make sure neuron manager has the same port as in axis’ UDP - BVH client port , and make sure the avatar blueprint has the neuron component with the name set to Char00 .
    if all of that works , then the connection is set up properly and you can go one trying with another skeleton .

also, I found out that the optimal set of softwares for UE4.19.2 is the axis neuron 3.8.42.8591 and plugin version 1.1.2018.0321 . With these I can package and use the suit to move an avatar in my game .

GranolaStudios I had problem with packaging and the customer service advised me to disable full rebuild . Hope this helps . Also make sure the demo is fully working after being packaged to make sure it is not your project’s fault . PS. A log of the packaging might help someone more expert than me into debugging your problem , otherwise nobody could really do anything without any more details .

cheers

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi there!

I am trying to use this on Unreal version 4.19. I followed all the steps from this video :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3C5Y0ITfNI0, but it still is not mapping the axis neuron data when I press play.

My character is from Daz 3d, and I am wondering if this problem may be because there are more bones than the perception neuron suit. Will this affect the data making it unable to re target to the model? Should I leave the 'invalid' bones or delete them ?
    Last edited by LaJunex0; 12-04-2018, 02:30 PM. Reason: Also this is the problem I am receiving : FUdpSocketBuilder: Failed to create and initialize socket Perception Neuron UDP Network (last error: 0) PerceptionNeuron: Error: Bound to 0.0.0.0:7001 failed.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I got the Plugin working with Unreal. But it doesn't matter wich Unreal (and Plugin) Version I use, I can't package the project...
    In general I'M not happy with the Solution, I would rather use the Unreal Live Link feature but Axis Neuron does not support the Messagebus....
    BUT: In a live stream from epic they used Axis Neuron with a Plugin in Unreal to gain data over the message bus.
    I desperatly want this plugin!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    A mail to the helpdesk solved the issue. they sent me this link https://drive.google.com/open?id=1r0...OdvshOTqCh7qEL to download the latest version of Axis, with settings fro Client/server ports as in the video. Hope this will help sombody else as well!

Right now I have a problem with the plugin : It won't make my project package, while with every other new project it will work. Any thought on why that might be happening would be really appreciated.

The error I get is the following: LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open file ..\UE4-PerceptionNeuronRuntime.lib'

You can find more details in my answerhub's question https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...-ue4-perc.html

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If you just try to follow the tutorial on YouTube for UE4 and Axis settings, still doesn't work?
    I have to download the latest version of Axis, but the settings should be as shown in the latest tutorial video, so follow those and see if you manage to get them work

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello can anybody help me please?

I just donwloaded their Demo Project, updated the plugin folder with the plugin for 4.19 since I'm running on it.
    In Axis I have this configuration
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	1 Size:	8.7 KB ID:	1524623
    While in UE I have this
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture2.PNG Views:	1 Size:	3.1 KB ID:	1524624

In previous version, and in youtube video from Weibo , it is written 255.255.255.255:7001 and then 7001 in unreal (ignoring the 7002), but new Axis software does not permit adding ": port" anymore.

I also made sure that the name of the Character in Axis Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture3.PNG Views:	1 Size:	2.4 KB ID:	1524625 coincides with the one in Unreal Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture4.PNG Views:	1 Size:	9.6 KB ID:	1524626

Last version I had no problems, after taking a pause of some months I figured to update the software and now something does not work anymore.
    Any help would be appreciated

Leave a comment:

• replied

Hi. I really need help. An empty (c ++) project is not building with the plugin.
    Parsing headers for MyProject
    Running UnrealHeaderTool "G:\Tokio\MyProject\MyProject.uproject" "G:\Tokio\MyProject\Intermediate\Build\Win64\MyProject\Development\MyProject.uhtmanifest" -LogCmds="loginit warning, logexit warning, logdatabase error" -Unattended -WarningsAsErrors -installed
    Reflection code generated for MyProject in 9,8278271 seconds
    Performing 9 actions (4 in parallel)
    [3/9] Resource PCLaunch.rc
    PCH.UELinkerFixups.cpp
    SharedPCH.Engine.cpp
    UELinkerFixups.cpp
    MyProject.cpp
    MyProjectGameModeBase.cpp
    MyProject.init.gen.cpp
    MyProjectGameModeBase.gen.cpp
    [9/9] Link MyProject.exe
    UE4-PerceptionNeuronRuntime.lib(Module.PerceptionNeuronRuntime.cpp.obj) : error LNK2005: "public: virtual void __cdecl UObject::GetResourceSizeEx(struct FResourceSizeEx &)" (?GetResourceSizeEx@UObject@@UEAAXAEAUFResourceSizeEx@@@Z) ��� ��������� � UE4-CoreUObject.lib(Module.CoreUObject.4_of_6.cpp.obj)
    UE4-PerceptionNeuronRuntime.lib(Module.PerceptionNeuronRuntime.gen.cpp.obj) : error LNK2005: "public: virtual void __cdecl UObject::GetResourceSizeEx(struct FResourceSizeEx &)" (?GetResourceSizeEx@UObject@@UEAAXAEAUFResourceSizeEx@@@Z) ��� ��������� � UE4-CoreUObject.lib(Module.CoreUObject.4_of_6.cpp.obj)
    ��������� ���������� G:\Tokio\MyProject\Binaries\Win64\MyProject.lib � ������ G:\Tokio\MyProject\Binaries\Win64\MyProject.exp
    UE4-PerceptionNeuronRuntime.lib(Module.PerceptionNeuronRuntime.cpp.obj) : error LNK2019: ������ �� ������������� ������� ������ "public: void __cdecl FOutputDevice::Logf__VA(wchar_t const *,...)" (?Logf__VA@FOutputDevice@@QEAAXPEB_WZZ) � ������� "public: class FSocket * __cdecl FUdpSocketBuilder::Build(void)const " (?Build@FUdpSocketBuilder@@QEBAPEAVFSocket@@XZ)
    UE4-PerceptionNeuronRuntime.lib(Module.PerceptionNeuronRuntime.cpp.obj) : error LNK2019: ������ �� ������������� ������� ������ "public: static void __cdecl FDebug::LogAssertFailedMessage__VA(char const *,char const *,int,wchar_t const *,...)" (?LogAssertFailedMessage__VA@FDebug@@SAXPEBD0HPEB_WZZ) � ������� "void * __cdecl operator new<struct TChunkedArray<struct FStatMessage,65536>::FChunk,class FDefaultAllocator>(unsigned __int64,class TIndirectArray<struct TChunkedArray<struct FStatMessage,65536>::FChunk,class FDefaultAllocator> &)" (??$?2UFChunk@?$TChunkedArray@UFStatMessage@@$0BAAAA@@@VFDefaultAllocator@@@@YAPEAX_KAEAV?$TIndirectArray@UFChunk@?$TChunkedArray@UFStatMessage@@$0BAAAA@@@VFDefaultAllocator@@@@@Z)
    UE4-PerceptionNeuronRuntime.lib(Module.PerceptionNeuronRuntime.gen.cpp.obj) : error LNK2001: ������������� ������� ������ ""public: static void __cdecl FDebug::LogAssertFailedMessage__VA(char const *,char const *,int,wchar_t const *,...)" (?LogAssertFailedMessage__VA@FDebug@@SAXPEBD0HPEB_WZZ)"
    UE4-PerceptionNeuronRuntime.lib(Module.PerceptionNeuronRuntime.cpp.obj) : error LNK2019: ������ �� ������������� ������� ������ "public: static class FString __cdecl FString::Printf__VA(wchar_t const *,...)" (?Printf__VA@FString@@SA?AV1@PEB_WZZ) � ������� "public: class FString __cdecl FNodeDebugData::GetNodeName<struct FAnimNode_Base>(struct FAnimNode_Base *)" (??$GetNodeName@UFAnimNode_Base@@@FNodeDebugData@@QEAA?AVFString@@PEAUFAnimNode_Base@@@Z)
    UE4-PerceptionNeuronRuntime.lib(Module.PerceptionNeuronRuntime.cpp.obj) : error LNK2019: ������ �� ������������� ������� ������ "public: static void __cdecl FMsg::Logf_Internal__VA(char const *,int,class FName const &,enum ELogVerbosity::Type,wchar_t const *,...)" (?Logf_Internal__VA@FMsg@@SAXPEBDHAEBVFName@@W4Type@ELogVerbosity@@PEB_WZZ) � ������� "private: virtual void __cdecl FPerceptionNeuron::StartupModule(void)" (?StartupModule@FPerceptionNeuron@@EEAAXXZ)
    UE4-PerceptionNeuronRuntime.lib(Module.PerceptionNeuronRuntime.cpp.obj) : error LNK2019: ������ �� ������������� ������� ������ "protected: void __cdecl FThreadSafeStaticStatBase:oSetup(char const *,wchar_t const *,char const *,char const *,wchar_t const *,bool,bool,enum EStatDataType::Type,bool,enum FWindowsPlatformMemory::EMemoryCounterRegion)const " (?DoSetup@FThreadSafeStaticStatBase@@IEBAXPEBDPEB_W001_N2W4Type@EStatDataType@@2W4EMemoryCounterRegion@FWindowsPlatformMemory@@@Z) � ������� "public: void __cdecl FPNMultiReaderSingleWriter::LockRead(void)" (?LockRead@FPNMultiReaderSingleWriter@@QEAAXXZ)
    UE4-PerceptionNeuronRuntime.lib(Module.PerceptionNeuronRuntime.cpp.obj) : error LNK2001: ������������� ������� ������ ""protected: virtual bool __cdecl UObject::CheckDefaultSubobjectsInternal(void)" (?CheckDefaultSubobjectsInternal@UObject@@MEAA_NXZ)"
    UE4-PerceptionNeuronRuntime.lib(Module.PerceptionNeuronRuntime.gen.cpp.obj) : error LNK2001: ������������� ������� ������ ""protected: virtual bool __cdecl UObject::CheckDefaultSubobjectsInternal(void)" (?CheckDefaultSubobjectsInternal@UObject@@MEAA_NXZ)"
    UE4-PerceptionNeuronRuntime.lib(Module.PerceptionNeuronRuntime.cpp.obj) : error LNK2001: ������������� ������� ������ ""public: virtual bool __cdecl AActor::CheckDefaultSubobjectsInternal(void)" (?CheckDefaultSubobjectsInternal@AActor@@UEAA_NXZ)"
    UE4-PerceptionNeuronRuntime.lib(Module.PerceptionNeuronRuntime.gen.cpp.obj) : error LNK2001: ������������� ������� ������ ""public: virtual bool __cdecl AActor::CheckDefaultSubobjectsInternal(void)" (?CheckDefaultSubobjectsInternal@AActor@@UEAA_NXZ)"
    UE4-PerceptionNeuronRuntime.lib(Module.PerceptionNeuronRuntime.cpp.obj) : error LNK2001: ������������� ������� ������ ""public: virtual void __cdecl FAnimNode_Base::Evaluate_AnyThread(struct FPoseContext &,bool)" (?Evaluate_AnyThread@FAnimNode_Base@@UEAAXAEAUFPoseContext@@_N@Z)"
    G:\Tokio\MyProject\Binaries\Win64\MyProject.exe : fatal error LNK1120: ������������� ������� ���������: 8
    ERROR: UBT ERROR: Failed to produce item: G:\Tokio\MyProject\Binaries\Win64\MyProject.exe
    Total build time: 65,23 seconds (Local executor: 0,00 seconds)

There is the log

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by sate View Post
    Hello everyone, great plugin!
    I encountered a problem, I use cartoon characters, it runs limbs stretched relatively large.
    There are ways to correct it?
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]109878[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]109879[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]109880[/ATTACH]
    Did you ever get this working? We're dealing with this problem right now as well.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X