Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PerceptionNeuron Unreal4 plugin

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    Hey! I've tried using the plugin with 4.11.1, and with BP-only projects it works perfectly, thanks so much for sharing this!

    However, I encountered a problem when adding C++ to the project, I get the error that "The following modules are missing or built with a different engine version: UE4Editor-PerceptionNeuronRuntime.dll and UE4Editor-PerceptionNeuronEditor.dll". If I try to rebuild them-it fails; but a full rebuild from inside of Visual Studio succeeds (I suppose it doesn't try to rebuild the plugins?). Not sure if there is a solution or I'd just have to wait for a newer version of the plugin.

    Cheers!

    Comment


      #32
      Hi Weibo,

      Thanks for the plugin; saved me some time from writing it myself
      Just confirming here, so is it possible for me to wear the suit and directly input my character's positional data into unreal, like you've shown in the GDC demo of yours?

      Comment


        #33
        Originally posted by mdhananjay View Post
        Hi Weibo,

        Thanks for the plugin; saved me some time from writing it myself
        Just confirming here, so is it possible for me to wear the suit and directly input my character's positional data into unreal, like you've shown in the GDC demo of yours?

        Yes, of course you can.
        Link your suit to AXIS and you can do that.

        Comment


          #34
          Originally posted by Kassym123 View Post
          Hey! I've tried using the plugin with 4.11.1, and with BP-only projects it works perfectly, thanks so much for sharing this!

          However, I encountered a problem when adding C++ to the project, I get the error that "The following modules are missing or built with a different engine version: UE4Editor-PerceptionNeuronRuntime.dll and UE4Editor-PerceptionNeuronEditor.dll". If I try to rebuild them-it fails; but a full rebuild from inside of Visual Studio succeeds (I suppose it doesn't try to rebuild the plugins?). Not sure if there is a solution or I'd just have to wait for a newer version of the plugin.

          Cheers!
          Thank you very much for your feedback! I'm going to find out the reason for this problem, please wait for my good news.

          Comment


            #35
            Hi Weibo, Thanks a lot for the plugin. I tried it out and it worked right away with my VR first person character which is fantastic,
            but now I'm at the point where I want to make it work with networking and I'm running into a problem.

            If i try to launch the game with the editor from command line which i often do to test out my networking setups, it doesn't work and gives these errors in the log.
            I tried it with the demo project you provided, and i get the same errors.

            I'm wondering if there is something I can include in the packaging options from my project settings etc that will make it work from the editor, and not having to cook the whole project.

            I tried:

            cd "C:\Program Files\Unreal Engine\4.11\Engine\Binaries\Win64"
            start /b UE4Editor.exe "C:\Users\Admin\Documents\Unreal Projects\Demo\Demo.uproject" TestMap?listen -log

            errors:

            Click image for larger version

Name:	error.1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	1105344

            Click image for larger version

Name:	error.2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	1105345

            Do you get the same thing when you try an external UE4Editor.exe command, and do you see any way around it?
            Would really help with using this with networking if we can launch external listen servers/clients.

            Comment


              #36
              One other question I have about using this with VR. The accumulated drift seems to become too much too quickly to be usable in VR. I often find myself going back into the axis neuron software and hitting the 'zero' button to zero out the drift and reset my character. Would it be possible to include a function we could call from unreal that would run the 'zero' button functionality from the axis neuron software?

              This button in axis neuron:
              Click image for larger version

Name:	zero.drift.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	8.0 KB
ID:	1105346

              Comment


                #37
                I tried installing the plugin as described, but I always get the error that the plugin can't be loaded and is incompatible with this version.

                I'm using the 4.11 Plugin and 4.11.2 Engine

                Comment


                  #38
                  Originally posted by SkaveRat View Post
                  I tried installing the plugin as described, but I always get the error that the plugin can't be loaded and is incompatible with this version.

                  I'm using the 4.11 Plugin and 4.11.2 Engine
                  Hi,
                  The latest version on the SVN server is R28.
                  Check if you are using the latest version please.

                  Comment


                    #39
                    Originally posted by alltrueist View Post
                    One other question I have about using this with VR. The accumulated drift seems to become too much too quickly to be usable in VR. I often find myself going back into the axis neuron software and hitting the 'zero' button to zero out the drift and reset my character. Would it be possible to include a function we could call from unreal that would run the 'zero' button functionality from the axis neuron software?

                    This button in axis neuron:
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]90569[/ATTACH]
                    Hi alltrueist,
                    The plugin only can receive animation data from Axis, but can not send command to Axis.
                    Axis did not provide such functionality.

                    Comment


                      #40
                      Originally posted by Weibo View Post
                      Thank you very much for your feedback! I'm going to find out the reason for this problem, please wait for my good news.
                      Hi Kassym123,
                      I add new C++ class into the project and then click Compile button, it build successfully.

                      Comment


                        #41
                        Originally posted by alltrueist View Post
                        Hi Weibo, Thanks a lot for the plugin. I tried it out and it worked right away with my VR first person character which is fantastic,
                        but now I'm at the point where I want to make it work with networking and I'm running into a problem.

                        If i try to launch the game with the editor from command line which i often do to test out my networking setups, it doesn't work and gives these errors in the log.
                        I tried it with the demo project you provided, and i get the same errors.

                        I'm wondering if there is something I can include in the packaging options from my project settings etc that will make it work from the editor, and not having to cook the whole project.

                        I tried:

                        cd "C:\Program Files\Unreal Engine\4.11\Engine\Binaries\Win64"
                        start /b UE4Editor.exe "C:\Users\Admin\Documents\Unreal Projects\Demo\Demo.uproject" TestMap?listen -log

                        errors:

                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]90567[/ATTACH]

                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]90568[/ATTACH]

                        Do you get the same thing when you try an external UE4Editor.exe command, and do you see any way around it?
                        Would really help with using this with networking if we can launch external listen servers/clients.
                        Thank you very much for your feedback! I'm going to find out the reason for this problem, please wait for my good news.

                        Comment


                          #42
                          Originally posted by Weibo View Post
                          Hi alltrueist,
                          The plugin only can receive animation data from Axis, but can not send command to Axis.
                          Axis did not provide such functionality.
                          Ok thanks Weibo.
                          I've also sent a mail to Axis team to see if they have any plan to provide a back channel to axis neuron for this in case it helps.

                          Comment


                            #43
                            Originally posted by alltrueist View Post
                            Ok thanks Weibo.
                            I've also sent a mail to Axis team to see if they have any plan to provide a back channel to axis neuron for this in case it helps.
                            You are welcome!

                            Comment


                              #44
                              There is a linkage error test results using ShooterGame project.
                              The plug-in was used in the R28 version of SVN.
                              Unreal engine to target the launcher version 4.11.2 was operating normally.
                              But Github 4.11.2 full version of the source to the target engine setting for "The following modules are missing or built with a different engine version: UE4Editor-PerceptionNeuronRuntime.dll and UE4Editor-PerceptionNeuronEditor.dll" message was output.

                              Comment


                                #45
                                Originally posted by 손형석 View Post
                                There is a linkage error test results using ShooterGame project.
                                The plug-in was used in the R28 version of SVN.
                                Unreal engine to target the launcher version 4.11.2 was operating normally.
                                But Github 4.11.2 full version of the source to the target engine setting for "The following modules are missing or built with a different engine version: UE4Editor-PerceptionNeuronRuntime.dll and UE4Editor-PerceptionNeuronEditor.dll" message was output.
                                The version number of the source version is not the same as the prebuild version.
                                You should change the the file at path "SourceRoot\Engine\Source\Runtime\Launch\Resources\Version.h" with "EngineInstallPath\4.11\Engine\Source\Runtime\Launch\Resources\Version.h", and then rebuild the source.
                                That would eliminate the error prompt.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X