PerceptionNeuron Unreal4 plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    UE4 4.19 is out. When the plugin will be updated to 4.19?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    sieumeo I did not try manually patching the dlls, no. In your case I would rather try to contact them via support to get a custom build of the plugin with the Nvidia PhysX Unreal Engine you are using.

For all other I want to point out that

> 7. Cross-platform. PerceptionNeuronPlugin can be release for all platforms which Unreal4 supported.

Is probably not that simple either, because only the Windows binaries are provided on the website. As there is no sourcecode, I guess this also requires contacting their support.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I just got PN and am yet to try the plugin in my studio.
    Affordable Animation Please ask for a quote and see how competitive our prices compare. From pre-production to post-production, our technical support will see you through. More AAA Quality Mocap Our studio uses state of the art technology designed to motion capture to the minute detail whilst being mobile, with real-time data More Saves You Time …

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Squareys View Post
    So the issue is that the "Build-Id" of the plugin doesn't match the Build-Id of the Engine. In my case it will never match as I'm building from source. UE4 infers that the API may be incompatible (which it isn't) and refuses to load the module.

There are two solutions: Either manually patch the .dll and set the build id to the build id of your Engine build or use the official Unreal Engine build.
    Thanks for the info Squareys. Did you succeed with the manual dll patch? I'll give it a try too.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    So the issue is that the "Build-Id" of the plugin doesn't match the Build-Id of the Engine. In my case it will never match as I'm building from source. UE4 infers that the API may be incompatible (which it isn't) and refuses to load the module.

There are two solutions: Either manually patch the .dll and set the build id to the build id of your Engine build or use the official Unreal Engine build.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    sieumeo Nope, the plugin comes with prebuilt binaries, so you cannot compile it yourself. I haven't been able to set it up yet either.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi, has anyone succeeded in building PN for custom UE4 build? Their support forum looks dead, also I've tried copying the plugin to Engine folder, fixed the ReadOnlyTargetRules warning and built, the build was successful but the plugin still ended up not compatible with my build. More info:
    - PN Plugin for UE 4.17.2 downloaded from PN https://neuronmocap.com/content/unreal-plugin
    - UE 4.17.2 custom build with nVidia GameWorks.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    need perception neuron plugin for unreal engine 4.18

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The website says to come here for support....so I'm inquiring about the 4.17 release. I've downloaded both the engine plugin for 4.17.2 as well as the Demo (which obviously is NOT compiled for 4.17.2).

I investigated on my own and made some changes to the headers ( I guess TargetInfo Target is no ReadOnlyTargetRules Target...) and it fixed a few linkages when re-compiling UE4. I got far enough to see the 1.1...version listed in the plugins within my project but when I click yes to restart project it just says the "current engine does not support" the plugin. Classic!

Would really love to see a more stable and supported plugin here. The suit is very cool, affordable, and has massive potential but if 'normal' people can't enable the plugin as the guide says what good is it?

For now, I've given up messing around and went a different direction. Just exporting the mocap bvh as 3dsmax binary from Axis Neuron and just retargeting my 'character' inside 3ds and exporting the animation that way instead of retargeting inside UE4. Same result, just not how it has been advertised.

This tech isn't going anywhere but if Noitom is going to direct us here only to be directed to contact@neuronmocap.com why does this post even exist?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Saurabh_App View Post
    Hi Everyone, I am using the pro version of Axis neuron.[ATTACH=CONFIG]134576[/ATTACH] . In unreal engine i used perception neuron spawner and my port number to that is 7006 ,but i am not able to spawn my default avatar during live streaming . Please Help.
    Hi, you can contact Noitom technical support for help. The email is: contact@neuronmocap.com.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi Everyone, I am using the pro version of Axis neuron.Click image for larger version

Name:	efwef.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	3.0 KB
ID:	1125127 . In unreal engine i used perception neuron spawner and my port number to that is 7006 ,but i am not able to spawn my default avatar during live streaming . Please Help.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by surreal-lab View Post
    Hi guys, has anyone tried to use the ue4 neuron plugin for a build version of ue4?

So I have build the ue4 hairworks version, got it from here https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine/tree/HairWorks

What happens is that when I add the plugin into the folder and try to open the project, I get this message:

The following modules are missing or built with a different engine version:

UE4Editor-PerceptionNeuronRuntime.dll
    UE4Editor-PerceptionNeuronEditor.dll

Would you like to rebuild them now?

And when I say yes, it says the project could not be compiled.Try rebuilding from source manually.

I have tried to create a new project without anything, to compile the entire editor again, to delete all unnecessary folders so when I compile from VS they can be created again, and all of this more than once.

I'd really apreciate if someone could help me or at least point me in the right direction

Thanks
    Hi, you can get get the new version for here.
    If the version of the plugin is the same with you engine version, the problem will be resolved.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi guys, has anyone tried to use the ue4 neuron plugin for a build version of ue4?

So I have build the ue4 hairworks version, got it from here https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine/tree/HairWorks

What happens is that when I add the plugin into the folder and try to open the project, I get this message:

The following modules are missing or built with a different engine version:

UE4Editor-PerceptionNeuronRuntime.dll
    UE4Editor-PerceptionNeuronEditor.dll

Would you like to rebuild them now?

And when I say yes, it says the project could not be compiled.Try rebuilding from source manually.

I have tried to create a new project without anything, to compile the entire editor again, to delete all unnecessary folders so when I compile from VS they can be created again, and all of this more than once.

I'd really apreciate if someone could help me or at least point me in the right direction

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by gbernal View Post
    Thanks for the reply, but how do you attach the VR camera to head? I have a vive and I'm not sure how to deal with position from the vive and PN
    Do you have a sample blueprint for this?
    Sorry, I don`t have a sample bp in hand now, but some of my friends have implemented this. They just attached the camera to the head of the actor to implement the camera following.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ImperiumPandemonium View Post
    Hi,many months later I find that you have replied, sorry I don't check the forum very often anymore
    Anyways, reason why we need the 4.9 plugin is that I and my team work on a custom 4.9 souce, and we haven't planned to upgrade to 4.11-4.12 in about some months
    Hi,
    Since the source code of this project has been handed over to Noitom for the future development.
    You can contact Noitom technical support for the 4.9 version.
    contact@neuronmocap.com

Leave a comment:

Working...
X