Animation Stater Pack: Crouch to Standing Freeze in Movement Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Animation Stater Pack: Crouch to Standing Freeze in Movement Issue

Hello Everyone! So I just finished the tutorial for the Animation Starter Pack and I feel great as it is my first project. Hit play all the animations work perfectly except for one issue that keeps happening.

When I crouch and then return to standing, all of my standing movements are frozen and the character no longer does the animations and shakes pretty wildly. This issue only comes up when I go from Crouch to stand. However, when I go back to crouching, those crouch animations are still correct. How do I fix the standing animations so he doesn't bug out after coming up from crouching?

Thanks for your replies =)

UPDATE: So I figured out why he was acting all wierd, I had to uncheck "Use Controller Rotation Yaw" However now I have 2 issues.

1) Camera cannot be played with it. It's stuck in one direction behind the character looking forward and I cannot turn my camera left right up down or anywhere. It's stuck. What's wrong? I did EVERYTHING right and perfect to the tutorial.

2) I like "Use Controller Rotation Yaw" because it always had my character looking straight in the direction the camera was. How do I achieve this?

Pretty much, if i had to compare it to anything, I'd say I want a Destiny style 3rd person camera, where wherever my camera is looking, the character turns with it so its always looking the same way i am naturally.

Thanks all for taking the time to helping me achieve this =)
    Last edited by OneActual; 09-27-2015, 11:34 PM. Reason: Fixed, now different issue came up

Could you show use how you "enable" the crouching animations? -> mostly such things happens when you have done something wrong in the transitions from your state machines

Comment

Working...
    X