PN animation to Maya Retargeting
    ENTER REALITY

VR Solutions

Contact us for more informations

Comment

v0.4.0 released

Changes since last version:

Template v0.4.0 changes:
      - Network and player controller actors now support manual configuration of reference skeleton instead using external BVH reference file.
      - To have an example how to add custom skeletons, the Mannequin now uses the new bone map feature of the plugin.
      For a "HowTo" please have a look into the Mannequin BP function "Init Bone Map".
      - Update to Plugin v0.2.0

Plugin v0.2.0 changes:
      - It is now possible to initialize Reference skeleton manually and initialization with external BVH reference file is optional.
      - Support all rotation orders and add missing XZY, YZX, ZYX rotations
      - Better support for custom skeletons: Bone coordinate system can now be mapped in blueprint.
      - Fix a synchronization bug when using Neuron format
      - Further comments and minor improvements
      Follow me on Twitter: @heikofink69 | Game: Crazy Max VR | Plugins: Perception Neuron Plugin and Template, Texture Merge | Demo: Blood Mine VR with PN

Comment

Still waiting for my neurons but there is some amazing work going on here. Cannot wait to get stuck in!
        twitter: @NaveedHIQ @Guvnorgames

Comment

Dude, congrats for the Unreal Grants!!!
          You really deserve them
          ENTER REALITY

VR Solutions

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolas3D View Post
            Dude, congrats for the Unreal Grants!!!
            You really deserve them
            https://www.unrealengine.com/blog/ep...eal-dev-grants

Fantastic news! Really excited to see what you're able to do in future. Must be a great feeling to know that your efforts have been rewarded by Epic. Extremely happy for you.
            twitter: @NaveedHIQ @Guvnorgames

Comment

This is incredible news. I had been told that my rig would arrive within the next few weeks. Yesterday I received an email that it won't be here until the first quarter of next year. There are 2553 people in front of me. The Neuron website says the same thing today as it did when I ordered mine, which is pre-orders and new orders begin shipping in November. It is extremely misleading. In a long back and forth email exchange, the final explanation was that they are in the middles of switching shipping agents. Added he noted that the Chinese don't do a very good job at translations.

I only mention the above so you don't do what I did and get your hopes up or (in my case) plan some pipeline and delivery of a project, based on using the Perception neuron. If anyone has ordered a Neuron rig within the last few months and has it in their hands, I'd love to know about it.

All of that said, I am looking forward to my mocap rig, and can't wait to be able to use the tools provide here.

Cheers,

Sterling
              Run with the flock, end up a lamb chop!

Unreal 4 in 30 Days - An Unreal Experience: https://youtu.be/DV5l7d4b9Cs

Comment

@All: Thank you for the congratulations and compliments. I am still very excited and totally overwhelmed!
                And of course I will continue developing this plugin/template further.
                If you have enhancement wishes just post it here on the forum and I will see what I can do.
                Follow me on Twitter: @heikofink69 | Game: Crazy Max VR | Plugins: Perception Neuron Plugin and Template, Texture Merge | Demo: Blood Mine VR with PN

Comment

What I would like to see is the ability to send data from the suit without the Axis player...I know that the guys from PN said that they're going to "unlock" that features in the future, but at this point I would love to be able to send the data to UE4/Unity without the software...also because I think that it'll be quicker to send the data, meaning less lag

I strongly suggest you, since I remember Tobias asked you to contact him about the plugin, to directly contact them and work on the "unlock" feature to be available in short time.

Thanks again for the plugin
                  ENTER REALITY

VR Solutions

Comment

Howdy,

I finally received my Neuron rig. I'm really excited to try out your plugin, but when I put it in my project folder, I am told that it may have to be recompiled, and that's as far as I get. I've tried it with 4.9.2. Do I need an older version of UE?

-Sterling
                    Run with the flock, end up a lamb chop!

Unreal 4 in 30 Days - An Unreal Experience: https://youtu.be/DV5l7d4b9Cs

Comment

I've been having the same problem.

Comment

Hi SterlingY and gotgrassct
                        sorry for the late answer, but I was quite busy over christmas.
                        I tried to reproduce your problems with a blank UE 4.9.2 blueprint project (on a Win7 64 Bit OS). But so far, no recompliation needed.
                        Steps I did:
                        1. Create and start new blank blueprint project
                        2. Close project, copy and unzip the plugin.
                        3. Restart project, check if plugin is enabled
                        4. Add blueprint nodes as described in "Blueprint Installation Notes" and configure packaging as in "Packaging Notes"
                        5. Package project

Which template did you use for your projects?
                        Do you use a 64 Bit or 32 Bit Windows and which version?
                        At the moment only the 64 Bit libraries are in the ZIP file.

Best regards
                        Cyxx

Update:
                        I have created new libraries for UE 4.10 => v02.0 (UE4.10)
                        Last edited by Cyxx; 01-05-2016, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Cyxx, thanks a ton for this amazing plugin. I just received my PN, and gave it a try. Everything worked as advertised, and I was able to get the heroTPP setup transferred and working on my character ( which also uses heroTPP).

One question though. I noticed that in the template, the example character blueprints are dragged directly into the level and are working with the PN in that way. My character is also working with the PN that way (added directly into the level), but when I set the "default pawn class" in my Game Mode to my character Blueprint ( which works when added in the level ), the PN animation no longer translates and i get the default rest pose.

Are there any additional steps necessary to getting the perception neuron playback working as a first person player character (when set as "default pawn class" in my game mode)?
                          I tried setting the Neuron_Controller variable in the anim_instance via my characters blueprint rather than of the level blueprint, but that didn't work because I didn't have access to the BP_NetworkNeuronController class there.

Asking because you mentioned another focus of yours was to get it working in VR. My Game Mode is a first person VR setup. Just curious if it works there too already and I'm missing something.
                          Thanks again!
                          Last edited by alltrueist; 01-05-2016, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Hi alltrueist
                            attached an example how to attach a Network Neuron Controller to the player character in the Level BP.
                            And don't forget to rewire in the Anim BP from Player Controller to Network controller.
                            Best regards
                            Cyxx

Level BP:
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	LevelBP.png
Views:	1
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	1098014

Anim BP:
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	AnimBP.png
Views:	1
Size:	203.6 KB
ID:	1098015
                            Last edited by Cyxx; 01-05-2016, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Working now. thanks!
                              At first glance i didn't notice that you changed the direct reference to the character BP from the level BP to "get player character" .. for anyone else checking this.
                              Last edited by alltrueist; 01-06-2016, 02:12 AM.

Comment

Are there any reviews for the Neuron? Is it good for in-house MoCap ?

Comment

Working...
                                X