X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

v0.2.0 released

Changes since last version:

- Playback Controller added.
    Now you can directly play BVH files placed ín your content folder instead connecting to a BVH server.
    See new Blueprint nodes Play and Pause.
    To have an example Neuron character is now connected to a player controller instead to a network controller.
    In other words: You can now play your recorded Neuron BVH animation files in Unreal.
    And you can also play animations created by other tools if the skeleton matches the reference skeleton (see axis.bvh file).
    - Neuron and TPP_Hero are now part of a character blueprint (To have an example for that)
    - Hips bone of TPP_Hero mesh is used to translate complete actor (capsule). Actor rotation is still a problem and is not connected.
    - Add support for standard BVH format
    - Add support for disabled displacement and/or enabled reference bone in motion line
    - Add DNS name support
    - Add Blender source file for Neuron character
    - Further comments and minor improvements

Best wishes and have fun
    Heiko
    Follow me on Twitter: @heikofink69 | Game: Crazy Max VR | Plugins: Perception Neuron Plugin and Template, Texture Merge | Demo: Blood Mine VR with PN

Comment

Amazing...I have to wait until the end of October for the suits but this plugin is absolutely astonishing!

Thanks again Heiko

PS: Guys donate!
      ENTER REALITY

VR Solutions

Contact us for more informations

Comment

Yea the news for BATCH E sucks but hey what can we do...
        I'm fully supporting this project and will definitely contribute by donation.
        Hopefully I'll have my suit by mid Nov.
        Man it's crazy the time difference for delivering only a few hundred suits....
        Almost an entire year to place about 1500 orders...

anyway cheers
        and congrats

Comment

Originally posted by Cyxx View Post
          In other words: You can now play your recorded Neuron BVH animation files in Unreal.
          Outstanding work! Would I be correct in saying that with this update UE4 can handle BVH file types as well as it can FBX?
          Cannot wait to try this when my neurons arrive.
          twitter: @NaveedHIQ @Guvnorgames

Comment

@Naveed:
            With this plugin it is now possible to play BVH motion capture files directly in UE4 that are stored somewhere in your content folder.
            They are not directly imported like FBX files.
            And you will need a skeleton that is supported by the plugin.
            Currently supported are: Perception Neuron, TPP_Hero or Mannequin skeletons.
            For other skeletons types the plugin must be patched manually at the moment.

If there is a need for other skeletons, please send me a PN or mail.
            Last edited by Cyxx; 10-06-2015, 01:49 PM.
            Follow me on Twitter: @heikofink69 | Game: Crazy Max VR | Plugins: Perception Neuron Plugin and Template, Texture Merge | Demo: Blood Mine VR with PN

Comment

v0.3.0 released

Changes since last version:

- Source code restructure: C++ code is now placed in a plugin to be more project independend.
              This plugin can be used in any of your projects and there is no need to create a C++ project anymore.
              The binary plugin version 0.1.0 can be downloaded from here:
              https://github.com/Cyx69/TP_ThirdPer...ugin_0.1.0.zip
              - Further comments and minor improvements

A special thanks to Benedikt Engelhard for sponsoring the plugin work !

Comment

Howdy,

I accidentally stumbled across your thread on the plugin you've made for the Perception Neuron. I have yet to buy one, and they don't seem to be forthcoming with information. I'm would definitely like to buy one, but I am 201cm, and is true with the rest of most things made in the world, I'm simply too big. Do you think this would be the case with the Neuron rig?

As a side note, I am interested in using it more for cinematic animation which will be rendered with Unreal. Do you think this would be a good addition to my pipeline?

Someone post they might get their rig in mid November!! That was posted months ago, and the Perception website says shipping in October. Anyone know what the reality is?

Cheers,

Sterling
                Run with the flock, end up a lamb chop!

Unreal 4 in 30 Days - An Unreal Experience: https://youtu.be/DV5l7d4b9Cs

Comment

Originally posted by SterlingY View Post
                  Howdy,

I accidentally stumbled across your thread on the plugin you've made for the Perception Neuron. I have yet to buy one, and they don't seem to be forthcoming with information. I'm would definitely like to buy one, but I am 201cm, and is true with the rest of most things made in the world, I'm simply too big. Do you think this would be the case with the Neuron rig?
                  well, you have sonsers on your limbs, and the sensors are connected with cables. though, the cables should be long enough (they have this whirly stretch thingies - anyone knows what it's called?). so you should be fine, IMHO.

As a side note, I am interested in using it more for cinematic animation which will be rendered with Unreal. Do you think this would be a good addition to my pipeline?
                  absolutely.

Someone post they might get their rig in mid November!! That was posted months ago, and the Perception website says shipping in October. Anyone know what the reality is?
                  I was one of the early backers and got mine in mid-august. unfortunately, I didn't have much time to tinker with it extensively. but it works very well. you can actually test everything: just get there free "neuron axis player" and use it with this plugin. they provide example data with the player.
                  VR Shooter Guns - Arcade Shooter for Vive
                  Magic Tavern - A Magic Shooting Gallery for Virtual Reality
                  Unreal Meetup Franken - Unreal Engine 4 Meetup
                  Hands for VR: Basic - For Vive and Oculus [Marketplace]
                  Hands for VR: SciFi - For HTC Vive and Oculus Touch [Marketplace]

Comment

I'm in batch E and currently no one received any notification/update, but they reply to one of my email saying that the suits will be shipped in 2-3 weeks, means that mine "should" be on the way now or next week...roughly 10 days for the shipping from Hong Kong, so in theory the first week of novemeber the suits should arrive...hopefully...
                    ENTER REALITY

VR Solutions

Comment

Thanks guys. I think I'm going to go all in! I actually just received an email from a sales rep. He told me that if I ordered on today, I'd get it in November. Unfortunately, he also told me they are spec'd for people up to 6'5", and that any taller would be a stretch. While I do want to wear it, I'd probably work with other actors most of the time.

On their website, they claim the base software can track two rigs at the same time while the pro version can track more and has other features. Any word on this?

FYI, Reallusion, the makers of iClone, Character Creator, and 3DXchange will have a plugin for Perception shortly. I've used their products in my pipeline with Unreal and it is seamless and extremely painless. One of the guys at Reallusion also told me that they should have a full face tracking system working by January.

-Sterling
                      Last edited by SterlingY; 10-16-2015, 12:09 AM.
                      Run with the flock, end up a lamb chop!

Unreal 4 in 30 Days - An Unreal Experience: https://youtu.be/DV5l7d4b9Cs

Comment

Thanks guys. I think I'm going to go all in! I actually just received an email from a sales rep. He told me that if I ordered on today, I'd get it in November.
                        I honestly wouldn't get your hopes up for a November delivery. I say this after reading the comments on their kickstarter and the fact that I made an order in July and still haven't received any communication regarding it. If you're super patient and in no rush then I'd say go for it as it is a fantastic piece of kit that you're going to have to wait for.

Also worth adding if you hit up their forums you'll learn that UE4 integration is not a priority for them and the loose time frame given is 'within a year'. It is for this reason @Cyxx is a legend for putting this integration together for us.
                        twitter: @NaveedHIQ @Guvnorgames

Comment

Hey Heiko!

Quick question: will the plugin work even on a packaged project? or it will work only inside the editor/simulate mode?
                          I guess that you still need ( of course ) to have Axis player running, but it would be interesting to know if, for example, I want to package my game for and android phone but still be able to send the mocap data to the game via wifi.

PS: Mid-End November I will finally be able to get the suits!!!!!! FINALLYYYYYY!!!!!
                          ENTER REALITY

VR Solutions

Comment

Hi Nicolas
                            the plugin works also in a packaged project.
                            But so far I tested packaging only for Win64 and currently I ship with the binary plugin only the Win64 libraries.
                            I don't know if the plugin works on Android at all.
                            Otherwise the source code itself should be OS independent.

Best regards
                            Heiko

Comment

Thanks for the reply Heiko.
                              I guess that the best solution would be to "convert" it or be able to stream the mocap data inside the packaged project on Android over wifi...will try that
                              ENTER REALITY

VR Solutions

Comment

Very interesting stuff; I'll sub to this thread to learn
                                | Finite State Machine | Object-Pool Plugin | Auto-Save Plugin | Anti-Cheat Plugin |

Comment

Working...
                                X