Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to rig a vehicle for unreal engine 4 (Advanced Vehicle template) ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ayretek View Post
    I know it's unfair, qdelpeche but I am in front of my 'puter, lol
    HeHeHe ... fair enough. 8-}
    Quinton Delpeche
    Founder - Gobbo Games | Designer - The Colony 2174 (Board Game) | Developer - Riders of Asgard

Comment

oh ok , thank you qdelpeche & ayretek

Comment

ok i've hit an issue today which i need to test before i can make a new tutorial, not sure if its a blender or ue4 problem, i'll do some more test and get back to you soon
        UT40K:The Chosen - Warhammer 40,000 for UE4
        ut40kgeodav - UE4 Tutorials

Comment

hey geodav, it took me ages to sort out cars from blender. not sure what problem you are having but maybe this will help.
          https://www.dropbox.com/s/au8r54nnkc..._02.blend?dl=0
          there is no suspension though, and it has to be scaled up on export x2 possibly
          i just used the default fbx export settings
          tegleg.co.uk - indie electronic music label
          Android + HTML5 WIP Physics Game
          PC Games - Android Apps

Comment

the issue atm is that when i import the vehicle its rotated the wrong way, trust me i've done it before, you can use the transform on import to rotate it the right way and the bones look ok, i just want to complete a test run with bp's and the rest before i record the video.

i also want to test the preview build of blender as thats supposed to have some fbx fixes !!

Comment

updated to 7.2 (b) as well, recently and it seems a bit smoother w/o some of the issues encountered before, even while using the 7.4 binary fbx export.

most recently about a week or so ago, had some good results by:

*** altho UE4 wants vehicles facing forward as X (+), it always rotated on import, so I just rotated & applied of course in Blender to X (-) , not sure yet if this is detrimental or not tho'
              I just use blender units = UE4 units as w/ 'None' & 'Degrees' as normally set in blender, I just make the grid in 'Display' -> Lines = 40, Scale = 10 w/o many issues the 'View' seems to be able to compensate so far w/o clipping
              *** export in 7.4 binary w/ selected objects checked (don't think this even matters anymore, just keeps light & camera out which you can choose not to later) armature & mesh tabs both selected & faces selected under the smoothing - the rest I just left as is

this seemed to work w/o issues 'although' I haven't had a chance to set up physics on wheels etc in UE4 ( I don't think I changed anything on import into UE4 except to get the skeleton in(checking import skeleton)

* I have noticed the new import options implemented in UE4 in 6.1 build that looks very promising, but again I haven't had time to fully check this out, but really looks useful.
              (which includes Transform - Import Translation & Import Rotation options)

Not sure if anything in post will help, but want to let you know some of the things I tried and were mostly successful, in the attempt they might help. good luck on this, I think the community needs it.
              (I did rotate a mesh while doing the UVs before, after unwrapping to -90 or 270 before export, but this I am not super sure about but did work on the occasion)
              Last edited by ayretek; 12-20-2014, 11:51 PM.

Comment

done a video hope it helps http://youtu.be/SZgBJld-KGg

i'll take a go at the look ats and do another video on that later today hopefully

@tegleg nice audi, i would move the mesh up so that the wheels just touch the ground, but if it works for you then great, hope your project is still going
                Last edited by Geodav; 12-21-2014, 10:14 AM.

Comment

thanks, one of my fav cars ever and it looks even better in the engine, it works just fine in that position. i didnt make it though just rigged it, wish i could make models like that.
                  no my project is on hold until a few major issues with ue4 are sorted out.

im logging in lately to update the xmass prezzie thread, link in my sig
                  tegleg.co.uk - indie electronic music label
                  Android + HTML5 WIP Physics Game
                  PC Games - Android Apps

Comment

thanks alot

Comment

this thread is very informative
                      Thank a lot and thanks to Geodav for the video!
                      pd: Excuse my English.

Comment

Working...
                      X