Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I get an animation into PlayMode?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I get an animation into PlayMode?

Wasn't quite sure how I should describe my problem - so I created this short 1-Minute long video to showcase my issue.

Thanks for any little help,
    appreciate it!
    cheers

is this not possible at all?

Comment

please let me know if I was posting in the wrong sub-category of the forum.
      I was not able to find anything inside the documentation, and I was not able to find any tutorial that would clarify that topic.

thank you so much for any little help, appreciate it!

Comment

Is sequencer playing at runtime? I mean via blueprint or via "auto play" checkbox

Comment

Hi Grot13

yes... the sequencer plays animations in runtime using the "Play Button". If you create a new sequence and you click the play button, you will see the animation. Of course, the actor has to be part of the sequencer.

For the game mode. You are right. The animation or animation sequence needs to be trigger somehow via blueprint.
          But the question is: How?

Comment

You can select the sequencer in the world outliner or in the scene, and in the detail pannel check "auto play". It will play on begin play.

If you want to do via bp (and then choose when the sequencer plays), you need a reference. Easiest way is to have the sequencer selected (in the world outliner or the scene), and in the level blueprint, right click and choose "Create a reference to your sequencer"

Click image for larger version  Name:	GetReference.jpg Views:	0 Size:	179.0 KB ID:	1784759

Then drag from the blue pin and look for "Play(Sequence Player)". On my example I've plugged it to "P" so it easy to test :

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_196942.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	171.8 KB
ID:	1784760

Comment

Working...
            X