Runtime Retargeting & Root Motion?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Runtime Retargeting & Root Motion?

Has anyone got Runtime Animation Retargeting to work with Root Motion? I can get all the retargeting, except the root motion to work properly. The root motion doesn't seem to scale up/down. No matter what I set the bone to (Animation, Animation Scaled, etc.) it doesn't scale the results. My shorter character's feet slide to match the original animation's root motion.

When using retargeting to create a new set of animations, there's an option called "Convert Spaces to New Skeleton" that adjust the root bone translation. But this doesn't seem to automatically happen with runtime retargeting.

Anyone know how to make this work?
    Last edited by johnnyRobotox; 07-11-2019, 04:53 PM.

What happens when you specifically change the retargeting options of the root bone between skeleton / animation and the other avaliable options?

Ideally, animation would follow the animation scaled by the skeleton size (animation scaled is or should be one of the options).

Comment

MostHost LA Nothing seems to change. Character just moves at the same root motion speed as the original animation. I thought Animation Scaled would do it, but no dice. Animation mode didn't work either unfortunately.

Comment

Really odd. If you share a FBX anim to try basic skeletal retargeting I'm willing to test it out...

Comment

Unreal handle root motion at character movement component, and work flow:
          1. extract root motion delta transform from animation instance;
          2. apply delta transform with movement component;

when you Retargeting animation, if the root bone scale keep as identity, anything should work fine.
          But if the root bone being scale, then u should apply the root bone scale after Retargeting;
          check it out: SetAnimRootMotionTranslationScale
          Last edited by roshan_Ex; 07-19-2019, 06:07 AM. Reason: BTW: I don't think is a good idea to modify the root bone transform. This will affect the animation;

Comment

Working...
          X