Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Animation Retargetting Error (Right Arm Only)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Animation Retargetting Error (Right Arm Only)

Hi everyone,

i was hoping someone could assist me with a bug i am having when re-targeting the standard character animations over to a custom mesh.

all the animations seem to work fine except for the right arm, from looking at the animations, it seems that from the elbow down, the skeleton is not binding to the mesh, so the arm is stiff while the bones are still moving.

does anyone know what the cause of this could be ? is it a problem with the re-target or could it be the actual mesh i modeled. also, the skeleton i used is the UE4 skeleton so the naming of all bones is identical.

Translation Re-target Information:

root - Animation Scaled
    pelvis - Animation
    all other bones - Skeleton

Since the bone is moving, I would wager that the weight paint on that specific arm is off or not assigned to the correct bones.

First thing to check is if the skeleton and mesh animate correctly in your 3d program.

Second thing to check is animating that specific arm and importing in with it's own skeleton to make sure that it moves at all.

Third thing to check is the re-targeting poses - if the bone alignment does not match (which it would seem like it does or your bones would not move at all) you could have issues.

Comment

Working...
    X