Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Imported Animations too small

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Imported Animations too small

    When I import a skeletal mesh in a .fbx file with animations when I import the animations they're too small. How can I fix this?

  • #2
    Make sure the scale is in centimeters instead of meters/inches and make sure transforms are frozen at 1 scale and so on.

    Comment


    • #3
      I had them in the correct scale, the mesh imports at the right size. Could you give me a list? I had the scale at 1 too, it's just the animations are screwy.

      Comment


      • #4
        A list of what? Anyway if your scale was right you wouldn't have issues so no, it's not the correct scale. But it's hard to tell what's wrong because you didn't give any information, like what software you're using, screenshots of the problem and so on.

        Comment


        • #5
          If you're using 3ds max make sure that your scene units are set to meters and the fbx export meters are set to centimeters.

          Comment


          • #6
            I'm using Blender 2.72, I can attach the .fbx if you want. Like I said the rifle is about the right scale but the animations are way too tiny. I will attach the .fbx

            Attached Files

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by GamesByH View Post
              I'm using Blender 2.72, I can attach the .fbx if you want. Like I said the rifle is about the right scale but the animations are way too tiny. I will attach the .fbx
              You're using the wrong scene scale, in my scene the rifle was 1.5cm long. To fix it you set the scene unit scale to metric 0.01, then scale the rig up 100 times. After that do Apply Object Transform (with spacebar), ticking Scale in the lower left. Your animations will get messed up, to fix it, select the rig and open the graph editor, there click the magnifying glass and type "location". Then to the right click the pivot point and change it to 2D cursor. Then select all keyframes and scale by 100, pressing Y to constrain the scale vertically.

              Your rifle rig is also offset in the scene which could cause problems, you can fix that by pressing Ctrl+C to set the 3d cursor in center, then selecting the armature and doing Snap Selection to Cursor, Apply Object Transforms ticking Location Rotation, then do the same for the mesh. You may need to reset the location keyframe for the body and insert new keyframes.

              Comment


              • #8
                Ok. I'll try these things. Didn't understand why when it imported as a static mesh the scale was okay but the rig was not.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by GamesByH View Post
                  Ok. I'll try these things. Didn't understand why when it imported as a static mesh the scale was okay but the rig was not.
                  The UE4 scaling fix when importing works for static meshes but doesn't work for rigs at the moment.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I finally managed to fix the animation import sizes by setting the blender unit scales to .01 and having the export settings for the .fbx as 100. But now when I click on the animation version it zooms it by I think like kilometers. How do I fix this? Why does it import the animations 1% of what they should be to begin with? Why are the animations always so small, when the static mesh by itself is always the correct scale?
                    Last edited by GamesByH; 09-10-2017, 06:57 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I finally fixed it. Using a blender unit as 1 CM and disabling the size thing the animations and static mesh are imported at the same sizes. Now I just need to fix the offset between the static mesh and animations when importing.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Your mesh is not a static mesh, it's a skeletal mesh because it's used together with a skeleton. I told you how to fix the offset above, you need to move everything to the center and apply transforms.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I wanted the offset from the grid center for the objects. You misunderstood me there. But now that I have all this fixed the bones are facing the wrong way imported, despite in Blender they're facing forward x. How do I fix this?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            What's the wrong way? Normally you would have the rig facing forward in Blender, meaning -Y in Blender. Then you can rotate it in the BP to match the arrow.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by cyaoeu View Post

                              You're using the wrong scene scale, in my scene the rifle was 1.5cm long. To fix it you set the scene unit scale to metric 0.01, then scale the rig up 100 times. After that do Apply Object Transform (with spacebar), ticking Scale in the lower left. Your animations will get messed up, to fix it, select the rig and open the graph editor, there click the magnifying glass and type "location". Then to the right click the pivot point and change it to 2D cursor. Then select all keyframes and scale by 100, pressing Y to constrain the scale vertically.

                              Your rifle rig is also offset in the scene which could cause problems, you can fix that by pressing Ctrl+C to set the 3d cursor in center, then selecting the armature and doing Snap Selection to Cursor, Apply Object Transforms ticking Location Rotation, then do the same for the mesh. You may need to reset the location keyframe for the body and insert new keyframes.
                              This is why Blender is a nuisance to work with........Because it don't support Unreal World Settings unless the newer versions of it do now. for I think its time for the Blender Developers to implement the settings needed for Unreal Engine in their program....So its more unreal engine friendly... There should be an extra option in Blender under scene settings in Blender - Use Unreal Engine World Settings'

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X