Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple Idle Animations

Hi!

I'm wondering how to go about having the protagonist of my game have multiple idles at random intervals when there is no player input to move.

I have my Idle/Run Set up in the Animation state Machine (Removed Jump as it's a grounded character), but I'm not sure how to go about having multiple idles or how to get them to cycle randomly. (I'm a Complete Beginner so if possible a dumb-bed down answer would be perfect!).

Thanks in advance!

It depends if you just would some adaptive animation to a part of your body (via some slots and layered blend per bone) or if you would play complete anims for the hole body random.

This is an easy (but by far not the only) way to do something like this. It ping pongs between a main idle anim, 2 anim loops and a further anim that plays only some short time and switches back afterwards ... or switches always back to the blendspace if there is some movement (speed). Based on a third person anim blueprint:

Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot.png
Views:	1
Size:	235.6 KB
ID:	1121929

Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot2.png
Views:	1
Size:	152.3 KB
ID:	1121930

Comment

Thank you for the reply, I'll give this a go!

Comment

Works like a charm. Thank you Neutronux!
        Just a note : animation loop by default in the state machine but you can uncheck this option.

Comment

Working...
        X