Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to: Post Process Animation Blueprint?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to: Post Process Animation Blueprint?

Hello there,
    With UE4.14 Epic added these PostProcess Animation Blueprints.
    I have absolutely no Idea how to create them. Does someone here know how to create these BPs?

Greetings
    RRe36

I have them working. There is one bug to be aware of - once you have set a post process animation blueprint, you can't clear it. I have reported that.

For the post process blueprint, you have to start with a "Sub-graph Input" node, otherwise you will just receive the base pose. The sub-graph input node receives the results from the normal animation blueprint.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	PostProcessAnimBlueprint.png
Views:	1
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	1118752
    That is the start of my post process anim blueprint which has my Anim Dynamics in it.

-Brian.

Comment

Everyone else who answers: please do it here: https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...#answer-526900
      Don't want to mess with two questions considering the same thing.

Comment

I figured that "post process" meant that this would fix the lag problem you get from basing IK on socket transforms from a frame ago. Is anyone seeing evidence that this is or is not the case? It could be something I'm doing but it seems to not be working as I had hoped.

Comment

Yes that seems to be fixed

Comment

And the post process blueprint is set on the skeletal mesh asset, on 4.20 at least. Might seem obvious but my old brain was trying to figure this out today so thought I'd record it here.
            twitter: @NaveedHIQ

Comment

Working...
            X