Stationary Skylight Bug on OpenGL ES3.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stationary Skylight Bug on OpenGL ES3.1

Hello, I'm building project in UE4 for my tablet (Xiaomi MiPad) which using Nvidia Tegra K1
    It still had old Android 4.4.4 though, so I dont know if that is causing problem for me in the following:

I got this strange bug* since UE4.10.x-4.12.x
    When I use stationery skylight in my project the bug is there, I'll include some photos to explain it more easily:

Stationery Skylight with Bloom ON
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-07-28-15-44-11_com.Vizualice.Minimal.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	343.6 KB
ID:	1191822

Stationery Skylight with Bloom OFF

Name:	Screenshot_2016-07-28-16-25-03_com.Vizualice.Minimal.jpg
Size:	420.0 KB
ID:	1191823

Name:	Screenshot_2016-07-28-16-25-24_com.Vizualice.Minimal.jpg
Size:	502.5 KB
ID:	1191824

Name:	Screenshot_2016-07-28-16-25-44_com.Vizualice.Minimal.jpg
Size:	525.1 KB
ID:	1191825

Static Skylight with Bloom ON

Name:	Screenshot_2016-07-28-20-51-20_com.Vizualice.Minimal.jpg
Size:	335.4 KB
ID:	1191826

A little explanation from the photos, with stationery skylight and Bloom enabled it was impossible to look at the chrome ball as it turn completely white in whole screen. When I disabled Bloom, I could see the chrome ball but with that strange artifact in reflection. Set my skylight into static fix this as saw on last photo. I need stationery skylight as sometimes I got movable static mesh in my scene and I need some dynamic skylight.

As you could see stationery skylight is broken, and this is happen for me since UE4.10.x-UE4.12.x
    The only workaround for me is to set my skylight to static for now, or using older engine 4.9.2
    This bug isn't present in UE4.8.x-UE4.9.x before

So anyone could comfirm this bug in another device for example Nexus 9 or Nvidia Shield Tablet?
    Or anyone could help me with this the other way, since I love new features intrroduced in new engine 4.11 and 4.12, so i need to move on from 4.9

PS: I use AndroidWorks 1R1 supplied from the engine since 4.9-4.11, and I just noticed when making this post that 4.12 updated the version into CodeWorksforAndroid 1R4 which is the latest from Nvidia. I wonder if updating this will solve the problem or this is more from the engine side. Anyway I'll try updating that tonight and will update this with new result later.

Thanks
    Attached Files

okay so i updated to CodeWorksforAndroid 1R4u2 and still had this problem on MiPad Android 4.4 (android-19)

then i received my shield tv which is Tegra X1 and android 6 (android-23) and the problem is fixed. (i tested it with NDK API Level android-19 too just like before)
    so i guess this is problem with new engine on older version of android, too bad i still want to use my MiPad until i get shield tablet too

btw i use 4.12.5 in this post, i still couldn't get 4.13 to package with openGL ES3.1 i dont know why
    using binaries from Epic i got only es2 package even though i select "Support OpenGL ES3.1" in Platform > Android > Build and untick "Support OpenGL ES2"
    and i got an error when compiling 4.13 from github when build Development Android in Visual Studio 2015 Update 3, something with RHI i forgot

Comment

I have the same problem of graphic glitches when I use the skylight. what's the problem?

Comment

Working...
      X